Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

US instruments are forbidden for automated trading
 Post subject: US instruments are forbidden for automated trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 15 May, 2021, 10:40 

User rating: 2
Hi,

I was building an US stock screener based on several indicators for myself I don't want to trade them automatically just to get a list of stocks matching my criteria..but at the very beginning I got the error message:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: You cannot subscribe to: XXX - instruments are forbidden for automated trading

OK fine with me.. but why don't you put this denial message on calling the IOrder functions instead??? ...screening of the US stocks is not allowed either ??

Thanks

Post subject: Re: US instruments are forbidden for automated trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 07 Jun, 2021, 15:10 

User rating: 2
it's even worse! if I have an US stock chart opened in jforex, all my strategies will be stopped automatically although they are not subscribed to any US stocks...great!

Post subject: Re: US instruments are forbidden for automated trading Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 10 Jun, 2021, 11:23 

User rating: 18
+1, implementation of that restriction is very strange. Instead of "stock instruments are forbidden for automated trading" it actually works like "you can't run any automated strategy for any instrument if at least one US stock instrument is subscribed by the platform"

It would be nice to know where that restriction comes from - I mean "what is the general reasoning for it?". Other trading platforms do not have that weird thing. I'm not aware about laws prohibiting automated trading of US stocks.

Support, can you provide some comments on this topic?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com