Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Extremely bad performance: 50 seconds to switch between periods
 Post subject: Extremely bad performance: 50 seconds to switch between periods Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Mar, 2021, 20:25 

User rating: 18
Hello. There is a problem which causes great annoyance to me - switching between periods sometime takes unexpectedly loooong time. For newly added instruments that simple operation may take 50+ seconds. See attached video for example - switching between periods for just added AAPL.US. This happens on LIVE account.

My environment is: 100mbit external internet connection in europe and 9600K CPU. These means roughly 10MB/s download speed at best (and it does work from some sites) and no reason for slowness caused by CPU in my workstation.

I checked local cache after operation completed - data for the period being displayed, files named BID_candles_min_1.bi5 for March - take 480k in total, this is roughly 0.05 sec at 10 MB/s.
However first occurrence of "BID_candles_min_1.bi5" appears at AAPLUSUSD\2020\08\03\ and total size of BID_candles_min_1.bi5 for AAPL is 6.6MB - I would expect download time for this volume in range of 1..10 seconds. Actual time to switch the period is 5 times longer than the worst time I expect for this operations. Waiting for such long is really annoying.

Another thing - I see no need to download 7 month of history at once while only 2 weeks are initially displayed.

Please improve performance of switching between periods.

Attachments:
jforex-and-aapl-ask2bid.gif [1.13 MiB]
Downloaded 575 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Extremely bad performance: 50 seconds to switch between periods Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 11 May, 2021, 06:33 

User rating: 2
I confirm it too.. it is loading slow even after a re-zooming of the chart is very slow..

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com