Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Performance dependence , JAVA Jforex
 Post subject: Performance dependence , JAVA Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 10 Jan, 2021, 12:43 

User rating: 1
Dear colleagues , dear support ,

I have an essential question regarding the improve of performance of a desktop PC for use of Jforex JAVA platform.
Now my PC is cofigured with an i5-3570K CPU (slightly overclocked), 16 GB RAM and a Nvidia 750 GPU , three monitors attached to it. I use a lot of undocked price charts (15+) with many objects on them , indicators , lines , pivots... etc.
When I start to scroll a chart I observe an unpleasant stuttering and delays (less obvious with less separate or undocked price charts). So my questions are:
1. Is Jforex JAVA a multithreading program or singlethreading , means what will be better for performance, a more cores+threads CPU or a less cores+threads CPU but with higher single core frequency (for example i7 vs i5)
2. Is the Jforex JAVA program CPU dependent or GPU dependent , where are the main calculations made - in CPU or GPU , will an upgrade of the video card improve the performance of the program or it is mainly CPU dependent.

Thank you in advance !

Post subject: Re: Performance dependence , JAVA Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 17 Jan, 2021, 17:06 

User rating: 18
For the first - try increasing limit of memory used by Jforex Java process: Settings -> Preferences -> Advanced + Show Java Heap Size

Post subject: Re: Performance dependence , JAVA Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 18 Jan, 2021, 00:06 

Thank you for the reply mtnfx , of cource since the beginning it is set to the maximum 4096 MB , probably will be a good idea for the programers to increase the possible buffer to 8192 MB.
The main question is actually - more CPU single core MHz , more CPU cores+threads , better GPU.

Post subject: Re: Performance dependence , JAVA Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 08 Mar, 2021, 10:41 
JForex Master

User rating:
The platform is CPU dependent.

It is both - single and multi-threaded. The calculations are multi-threaded. The display - single.

It all depends on what exactly the platform is doing when there is a slow perpormance. Can you provide the workspace .xml file for investigation? If yes, send it to [email protected] plz.

If you are using the price based periods, the calculation might take time, as all the calculations are done on the platform side. Once they are done, the results are saved on the disk. Next time the same period is used, the results are read from the cache. That's why a fast SSD is important as well.

Post subject: Re: Performance dependence , JAVA Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 08 Mar, 2021, 15:20 

Thank you for the reply dear support ,

I have already upgraded my system (CPU (fastest sigle thread) , Video card , RAM etc...)
I think this is the key: "The display - single." , visible on the screenshot.
Thanks once again

Attachments:
taskmanager.jpg [121.29 KiB]
Downloaded 514 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Performance dependence , JAVA Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Mar, 2021, 14:33 
JForex Master

User rating:
Would you mind sending us the workspace .xml file? We will check what is loading the CPU so much. Might be some indicator.

Post subject: Re: Performance dependence , JAVA Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 16 Mar, 2021, 19:49 

User rating: 18
Re: "When I start to scroll a chart I observe an unpleasant stuttering and delays"

I have impression that Jforex platform has major performance issue with loading of tick/bar data from "local cache" and "from internet" for locally missing portions.
See my recent post here https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english ... 00&t=57625
(and I do not think this can be fixed by very-best hardware)

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com