Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

How to increase the number of bars displayed in a chart?
 Post subject: How to increase the number of bars displayed in a chart? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 11 May, 2018, 11:04 

User rating: 0
I can't figure out how to increase the number of bars that a chart displays. My charts don't show more than a few hundred bars but I would like to extend it to a few thousand. ProRealTime, for example, shows more than 15k in a single chart.

Any idea, anyone? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: How to increase the number of bars displayed in a chart? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 15 Jun, 2018, 07:26 
JForex Master

User rating:
The maximum number of the candles (bars) on the chart is limited to the amount of the pixels in width. Each candle is shown as 1px without any spaces. In order to increase it more, we would need to start skipping the candles, which we prefer not to do.

Post subject: Re: How to increase the number of bars displayed in a chart? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 10 Jul, 2018, 18:20 

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my late follow-up!

I can't judge on the feasibility or a work-around, but other chart software such as Prorealtime manage to squeeze around 15,000 candles on my 3,840 pixels wide monitor. Do they skip candles? I obviously can't tell; but I find it tremendously helpful to show a few thousand candles to plot longer-term trend lines.

Post subject: Re: How to increase the number of bars displayed in a chart? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 10 Jul, 2018, 20:19 

User rating: 18
Is there good reason for particularly that approach? Why can't you switch to 'wider' period, e.g. 1m -> 10mins? This way 1500 10-min bars will cover 15000 1-min bar.

Post subject: Re: How to increase the number of bars displayed in a chart? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 16 Jul, 2018, 10:18 

Oh well, trendlines, support/resistance and candle formations look different on a 1 min chart than on a 10 min chart. You can of course display a 15,000 candle chart with 1 min bars as a, say, a weekly chart with only 2 candles, but it obviously won't provide you with as much information as if you display the same period on a 1 min chart.

The Best Answer  Post subject: Re: How to increase the number of bars displayed in a chart? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 16 Aug, 2018, 12:46 
JForex Master

User rating:
We have just added more zoom levels between (version 3.4.2), which makes the zooming more smooth. However, we will not start skipping the candles to avoid loosing the important information.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com