Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Successfully Backtested Strategy Stops in Remote Server
 Post subject: Successfully Backtested Strategy Stops in Remote Server Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 07 Jan, 2018, 23:37 

User rating: 1
Hi,

I have a JFX strategy which I have successfully backtested but when I set it to run on the remote server it stops after a few minutes. It ran for a few hours on Friday night but then it stopped over the weekend.

Now, about 21:00-22:00PM GMT on 7/1/2018, I try to run it and it runs for a few minutes then stops. An example strategy, SMACrossExample, doesn't have this problem.

My strategy uses Historical data, hashtables and it calls a custom indicator. It does not issue any output commands like myConsole.getOut().println

Thanks,
Chrysos.

Post subject: Re: Successfully Backtested Strategy Stops in Remote Server Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 08 Jan, 2018, 16:17 

User rating: 5
Hello Chrysos,

Most likely there is a bug in your strategy which you have missed to notice during the backtests. The best option you have is to write to [email protected] and have one of their experts take a closer look at your strategy. The next option you got is to create a new topic in the Automated Trading sub-forum section and upload your strategy there.

Good Luck!

Post subject: Re: Successfully Backtested Strategy Stops in Remote Server Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 11 Jan, 2018, 01:19 

User rating: 1
FXRabbit wrote:
Hello Chrysos,

Most likely there is a bug in your strategy which you have missed to notice during the backtests. The best option you have is to write to [email protected] and have one of their experts take a closer look at your strategy. The next option you got is to create a new topic in the Automated Trading sub-forum section and upload your strategy there.

Good Luck!
Thanks FXRabbit. It stopped again last night. Now I backtested it and it triggered a trade last night at 2018-01-10 16:00:00 GMT, but I didn't see that and nor was my account affected. I shall try running it on less than a 4HR TF to hopefully trigger more trades and see if I can isolate the problem. Then, if I can't find out what's wrong, do as you suggested.

Thanks again,
Chrysos.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com