Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Difference in the performance of the strategy between back test and real time
 Post subject: Difference in the performance of the strategy between back test and real time Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 24 Sep, 2015, 14:21 

User rating: 0
Hello
im running a strategy in my account in real time then i made a back test for today there is tottaly deffirence between back test and real time performance
you ll see in pictures that in back test it made 2 trades like i planed it but in demo account it openned 14 orders
can anybody explain me what happenning here ??

Attachments:
demo_account2.PNG [73.33 KiB]
Downloaded 386 times
demo_account.PNG [18.61 KiB]
Downloaded 393 times
back test.PNG [17.16 KiB]
Downloaded 375 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Difference in the performance of the strategy between back test and real time Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 24 Sep, 2015, 14:38 

If you don't want to show your code, I assume, there is nothing someone could say.

To me it seems to be that the trades are opening and closed suddenly. (real time) Afterwards, the same reason, the algorithms are opened at first are still valild, so it opens (and close) again.

You should look for the reason, why the trades have been closed immediately.

Post subject: Re: Difference in the performance of the strategy between back test and real time Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 24 Sep, 2015, 15:26 

henry86 wrote:
If you don't want to show your code, I assume, there is nothing someone could say.

To me it seems to be that the trades are opening and closed suddenly. (real time) Afterwards, the same reason, the algorithms are opened at first are still valild, so it opens (and close) again.

You should look for the reason, why the trades have been closed immediately.

hi bro thanks for replay
i wanted to say that the historical test is for today and that orders of demo account for today also
the problem that in historical test the orders going as i planned but in real is something different
i ran strategy in demo account today and then made historical test for today also but results is different

Post subject: Re: Difference in the performance of the strategy between back test and real time Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 24 Sep, 2015, 17:38 

I'm not an expert, but I can imagine that backtest is not the same at all like real trading.

I also think real (live) trading and demo Trading will be different too.

But as I said - without more information, it won't be possible to solve your issue. Thats what I think.

Best Regards,
henry

Post subject: Re: Difference in the performance of the strategy between back test and real time Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 25 Sep, 2015, 12:53 

You may check strategy log. Some trades can be rejected in the live account.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com