Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Why is this forum so silent ?
 Post subject: Why is this forum so silent ? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 19 Aug, 2015, 11:38 

User rating: 0
I have wondered this many times over the past few weeks; Why do we have such low number of questions / responses / activity on this forum ? I am in the UK. I have been contemplating developing a Jforex strategy which would need significant time and effort. However, I am slowly starting to worry about the level of support / stability of the platform.

Is it due to the fact the JForex API based strategy development is inherently complex and there are not many people out there OR it is that those who are in to it are generally self sufficient and do not need much help / interaction anyhow ?

Are there any experienced real traders here who use automated trading on the JForex platform and if yes, what is there level of confidence that there could be a strategy runnnig non stop 24 /5 and not get interrupted due to some or other issue ? I need urgent feedback before embarking on a significant automated strategy development effort.

All pointers are welcome and feedback appreciated.

regards
SKT

Post subject: Re: Why is this forum so silent ? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 19 Aug, 2015, 12:08 

User rating: 4
I'm also a bit surprised with the level of activity on those forums.
Probably both reasons - not so many people doing JForex API coding and those brave enough
are generally self-sufficient (like me, so it's a biased opinion).

Auto-trading with Dukascopy 24/5 for a few years now, I'm not quite happy with JForex stability.
Pretty much every new release brings (unwanted) surprises.
For instance, in the current release bar history is broken and also there are some issues with
connections to the servers (in some rare cases the platform disconnects silently).
Provided you write defensive code, set up email alerts / monitoring and know what you are doing,
auto-trading is generally OK, but there will still be some interruptions because of newly introduced bugs.

Embarking on a significant automated strategy development is good on its own though.
If you have a robust auto strategy for JForex, it is relatively easy to port it to something else.
JForex is quite good for tick-based historical testing - it is hard to beat it unless you have written your own strategy tester.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com