Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JForex4 on Mac
 Post subject: JForex4 on Mac Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 17 Apr, 2014, 01:09 

User rating: 0
Apparently, JForex4 requires Java 1.7. I've installed the 7u55 jdk on Mavericks 10.9.3.

java -version
at a command prompt returns
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_60-ea-b14)

When I try to open the jForex.jnlp, I get an application error that says "The application has requested a version of the JRE (version 1.7+) that is not installed".

So, for some reason, when opening a jnlp on osx, it uses the default java 1.6 even though I've installed java 1.7 and verified that it is installed.

Has anyone figured out how to make osx use java 1.7 when launching a jnlp?

In designing jforex4, does Dukascopy expect the customer to install java 1.7 and configure osx correctly for jnlp launching?

Post subject: Re: JForex4 on Mac Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 17 Apr, 2014, 07:58 
JForex Master

User rating:
tactevo wrote:
java -version
at a command prompt returns
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_60-ea-b14)

Weird. We have
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_55-b13) 
and have no issues.
Obviously you need to uninstall JAVA 6. If that is a problem, make sure Java 7 is enabled as a system and user versions under Java Control panel / Java / View.

tactevo wrote:
In designing jforex4, does Dukascopy expect the customer to install java 1.7 and configure osx correctly for jnlp launching?

The truth is, old Jforex is going to be built on Java 7 soon as well, as Java 6 is no longer supported by Oracle.
As Oracle say about Java 6 releases: "They are not updated with the latest security patches and are not recommended for use in production."

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com