Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

DDSJFX-1973 Zoom Out feature
 Post subject: DDSJFX-1973 Zoom Out feature Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Thu 27 Mar, 2014, 19:30 

User rating: 2
Unfortunately this has not been improved in Jforex4: https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=48890&p=69824#p69824

after clicking twice on the Zoom Out button the candlesticks become sticks only thus unusable ...it would be nice if you could add more zoom out levels by keeping the candlestick integrity as well.

Attachments:
jf4out.JPG [221.67 KiB]
Downloaded 842 times
jf4out.JPG [156.1 KiB]
Downloaded 406 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Zoom Out feature Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 28 Mar, 2014, 13:12 

User rating: 0
well, i think the jforex has one of the best zooming feature compared to many other platforms that I've tried.
I think it's impossible to have a further zoom out with the candles still visible, due to the screen pixels size!
You need a a larger screen! ;)

Post subject: Re: Zoom Out feature Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 28 Mar, 2014, 13:26 

Redbullish wrote:
well, i think the jforex has one of the best zooming feature compared to many other platforms that I've tried.
I think it's impossible to have a further zoom out with the candles still visible, due to the screen pixels size!

I disagree. IMO the jforex zoom in/out steps are just too large, the zoom of the objects between two zooming steps should be much less and thus there could be more zooming steps available.

Post subject: Re: Zoom Out feature Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 28 Mar, 2014, 16:21 

This is what i mean when i say the jforex zoom is better: same screen size, same period, same amount of zoom: the jforex chart is more "readable" than the prorealtime's.
Off course in proreal time you can zoom in again and again still seeing the candles,
but they become so stuck and fused with each other that are unreadable for me (I mean if you want to recognize the price action candles):

Post subject: Re: Zoom Out feature Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 28 Mar, 2014, 16:37 

Redbullish wrote:

This is what i mean when i say the jforex zoom is better: same screen size, same period, same amount of zoom: the jforex chart is more "readable" than the prorealtime's.
Off course in proreal time you can zoom in again and again still seeing the candles,
but they become so stuck and fused with each other that are unreadable for me (I mean if you want to recognize the price action candles):

The main problem I have with Jforex chart is that it shows me a fixed amount of readable candles as in your screenshot, if I want more I press the zoom out button and the entire chart
gets unreadable so that I cannot "look back" on the chart long enough in the past. With prorealtime I can introduce new candles by zooming out and still I can see the bodies of those candles.

Post subject: Re: Zoom Out feature Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 28 Mar, 2014, 17:40 
JForex Master

User rating:
We will trying showing the candle bodies on the zoom out level showed in the picture attached. Showing on smaller level does not make sence. The sample in the javascript charts you have attached (https://www.tradingview.com) looks very unreadible.

Post subject: Re: DDSJFX-1973 Zoom Out feature Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 23 Jan, 2017, 15:50 

+1 I agree. Please fix this annoying zoom out difficulties.

Post subject: Re: Zoom Out feature Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 23 Jan, 2017, 15:58 

Redbullish wrote:

IMO That is NOT true. jForex has the worst zooming feature compared with more than 20 platforms I tried.
Also, you should know that in this century people can choose screen resolution ;)

Post subject: Re: Zoom Out feature Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 23 Jan, 2017, 16:19 

Platform Support wrote:
We will trying showing the candle bodies on the zoom out level showed in the picture attached. Showing on smaller level does not make sence. The sample in the javascript charts you have attached (https://www.tradingview.com) looks very unreadible.

Maybe does not makes sense to you, but for me it makes sense. Having clear visible candle bodies at smaller zoom levels is not the reason I am saying this.
I just want to be able to fine tune zoom-in zoom-out whenever I want (candles and all), and I don't know why would you block your users from this possibility. I need very good zoom in/out features for my trading style.
Right now, jForex offers ~100 zoom-in levels, and that is, for me, what does not makes sense...

I know that it requires more complex brain wiring thinking for your developers, but IMHO you must have better zoom-out in order to keep up with your competition.

Post subject: Re: DDSJFX-1973 Zoom Out feature Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 26 Jan, 2017, 09:19 
JForex Master

User rating:
Will improve in JFOREX-8259

Post subject: Re: DDSJFX-1973 Zoom Out feature Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 26 Jan, 2017, 17:37 

Platform Support wrote:

Great! Is that issue id? Where to track jForex issues?

Post subject: Re: DDSJFX-1973 Zoom Out feature Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 27 Jan, 2017, 08:53 
JForex Master

User rating:
Yes, it is a task number in JIRA. It is not public. You can look for it in the Release notes, which we show at the new version open or which can be opened from Help section.

Users use chart time scale or Ctrl+mous wheel to change the zoom level usually. In order to make it more smooth, there are so many zoom levels.

I see 2 improvements so far:
1. We could decrease the zoom levels when zoom in/out buttons are used. e.g. 6 instead of 70 ;)
2. We could fix the coordinates of the candle the cursor is on (when Ctrl+wheel is used), so the candle does not "jump" around.

BTW. Zoom out levels are exactly as many as zoom in levels.

Post subject: Re: DDSJFX-1973 Zoom Out feature Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 19 Nov, 2017, 14:02 

Hello Support,

may I ask for an update as of when this will be implemented? I would be more than happy to see the middle mouse button/wheel capable of zooming the chart IN and OUT with little zoom steps like this advance charting tool below:

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/

The current jforex zoom in/out steps are far too big, after a couple of steps the candlesticks became only sticks...I don't see a very meaningful use of the middle mouse button for the time being either...

Thanks!

Platform Support wrote:

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com