Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Volume MA
 Post subject: Volume MA Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 29 Sep, 2016, 05:30 

User rating: 0
Hello all,

I am trying a simple strategy get to work but produces no results.
The simple strategy accesses the past 20 candles information.
Then calculates the 20MA for the volume
compares the current volume to the 20MA volume
and if the value is greater opens a position at market.

Could you please have a look at the attached and advise why this is not working?

Regards,
Lhawk

Attachments:
Sep25th2016Volume.vfs [84.21 KiB]
Downloaded 145 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Volume MA Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 29 Sep, 2016, 15:06 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

There is a solution to simplify this: the use of Get historical candles block which can handle multiple candle at a time. Please check the attached example.
I had also another idea: Why don't you use an indicator such as "VolumeWAP" with calculation settings applied on Candle Volume and period = 20 ? this will gove approx an idea about the average volume I guess ... This worth testing in my opinion

Thanks !

Attachments:
User_Ex1012.vfs [37.51 KiB]
Downloaded 125 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Volume MA Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 29 Sep, 2016, 21:19 

User rating: 0
Hi Amine,

Thanks for the simplified approach.
This is certainly more professional code than my initial algorithm.

However, the issue still stands.
I import and run the strategy, 20 minutes or so passed and no result.
Then I had to manually stop the process.
I am not sure whether this is an algorithm problem or my desktop is acting improperly.

Regards.

Post subject: Re: Volume MA Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 03 Oct, 2016, 10:30 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

That's true because I forgot an essential condition: To reset the result of the sum to zero at the end of every cycle of 20 daily candles: this is necessary otherwise the sum keeps increasing endlessly and the average volume will be wrong starting from the 2nd cycle and so forth.

Anyway, this has been corrected as you can see with the "Assign block" let me know if you have any question to understand this logic.

Attachments:
User_Ex1012_V2.vfs [39.08 KiB]
Downloaded 151 times

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com