Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Submit JForex API bug reports in this forum only.
    Submit Converter issues in Converter Issues.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

same strategy on demo and live platform got completely different result
 Post subject: same strategy on demo and live platform got completely different result Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 20 Nov, 2018, 18:03 

User rating: 0
i tested the same strategy on demo and live platform got completely different result
why? that was ridiculous, that was over 10 times different on equity
which platform should i trust?

pls have i look the demo and live result
on Instrument: GBP/CHF

Post subject: Re: same strategy on demo and live platform got completely different result Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Nov, 2018, 11:06 

User rating:
Hi,

For the investigation please provide the strategy file and both testers settings.

Post subject: Re: same strategy on demo and live platform got completely different result Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Nov, 2018, 16:44 

User rating: 0
ok, i just found the issue for you
pls have a look of my demo and live log file
the first and end line of file is a trade record log which recv fill and close msg on onMessage
and the rest of log is all tick data
look at the line 92410, the open price are different from demo and live since the swap are applied
both demo and live platform backtest long swap for GBP/CHF is 4.13
when this is a buy trade, the open price should be lower than the original, but on live platform, the open price become higher instead of lower
and pls note that the report did really really wrong

and the last, what i want to know is can i trust the backtest on demo platform?

Attachments:
live_log_refined.txt [1.03 KiB]
Downloaded 199 times
demo_log_refined.txt [1.03 KiB]
Downloaded 191 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: same strategy on demo and live platform got completely different result Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 29 Nov, 2018, 16:43 

User rating:
Probably difference in results is because of latest HT swap algorithm changes. Changes was related to this bug: https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=56735
Therefore, current HT version on DEMO should return correct results.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com