Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Submit JForex API bug reports in this forum only.
    Submit Converter issues in Converter Issues.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

BUG IN OPTIMIZATION PROCESS!!
 Post subject: BUG IN OPTIMIZATION PROCESS!! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 13 Jun, 2018, 19:21 

User rating: 0
Optimization can work only if you set the number of parallel combination = 1. If you set more than one parallel calculation, the process gives each result mistaken.
I tried with several strategies and for each strategy, results are correct only if optimization work calculating one simulation at time.

This is an important bug because at present the only way to optimize strategies is to work with parallel combination set = 1... and this means must wait for a lot of time for each optimization.

Please test and let me know...

Thanks! ;)

Post subject: Re: BUG IN OPTIMIZATION PROCESS!! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 15 Jun, 2018, 14:57 

User rating:
Hello,

We were unable to reproduce this issue. Please give more detail on how to do it.

Post subject: Re: BUG IN OPTIMIZATION PROCESS!! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 15 Jun, 2018, 16:26 

User rating: 0
Hello,
I attached one example in which you can see the bug.
I tested a strategy and run the optimization in "yesterday" period. In the first two screenshots you can see the optimization form using only 1 test at time and the results of the process. These results are correct because when I try to backtest using parameters of optimization results, they are the same. In the second two screenshots, I run optimization process for the same strategy and the same optimization parameters... the only difference that process run with 100 parallel combinations at time. Well, in this case, I think I should get same results, but, as you can see, results are totally different and are totally mistaken. This bug happens also if I try to set only two parallel combinations at time.

Regards,
Alessandro

Attachments:
File comment: optimization parameter with only 100 tests at time (results of process)
parallel optimization results.png [218.08 KiB]
Downloaded 273 times
File comment: optimization parameter with only 100 tests at time
parallel optimization form.png [23.46 KiB]
Downloaded 304 times
File comment: optimization parameter with only 1 test at time (results of process)
Serial optimization results.png [219.02 KiB]
Downloaded 297 times
File comment: optimization parameter with only 1 test at time
serial optimization form.png [23.13 KiB]
Downloaded 268 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: BUG IN OPTIMIZATION PROCESS!! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 20 Jun, 2018, 13:17 

User rating:
We tested on several different strategies, all works properly.
Seems what issue can be related with some specific parameters used in your strategy. Write [email protected] and attach your strategy sample, so we will be able to investigate deeper and give an accurate answer.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com