Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Submit JForex API bug reports in this forum only.
    Submit Converter issues in Converter Issues.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Range Bars chart/data integrity
 Post subject: Range Bars chart/data integrity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 07 Aug, 2013, 09:03 

User rating: 0
Hi JForex team,

JFOREX 2.25.7 on API 2.7.10 on a LIVE account.

I faced with a difference between online Range Bars (RB) chart and drawn by the history.
The difference actually in "Close - Open" pairs of consecutive bars where values are being changed after the platform restarts. It is probably caused by gaps that are not identical and increased after restart.

The only way to keep the bars up to date is to restart the platform as the API doesn't have a method to repaint bars "On Fly".

The same issue appears in the Tester mode, however there is a way to actualize bars - do switching between Ask and Bid presentation of a chart and all the bars will correctly repaint :)
But the above solution doesn't take place on live.

Here are results of my small investigation:

Bars "close-open" data before restart:
Bar #1 O: 1.53477 C: -
Bar #2 O: 1.53397 C: 1.53476
Bar #3 O: 1.53330 C: 1.53393
Bar #4 O: 1.53315 C: 1.53329
Bar #5 O: 1.53283 C: 1.53314

Bars after restart:
Bar #1 O: 1.53507 C: -
Bar #2 O: 1.53427 C: 1.53476
Bar #3 O: 1.53335 C: 1.53393
Bar #4 O: 1.53315 C: 1.53329
Bar #5 O: 1.53283 C: 1.53314

As you can see there were gaps before restart but they are swollen and the bars configuration have been changed.
Another problem - indicators that are drawn based on the bars, the data presented by them has been changed as well.

I'm not sure if this a bug, but if it's a normal flow,
could you please advice if there is a workaround to keep the data in actual state without the platform restart.

Thank you in advance,
Dmitry

Attachments:
File comment: chart with 2 both-shadowed bars
Range Bars with 2 shadows.png [13.14 KiB]
Downloaded 936 times
File comment: 2 last bars before and after restart
chart.png [41.33 KiB]
Downloaded 925 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Range Bars chart/data integrity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 16 Aug, 2013, 08:29 

UPDATE. 16/08/2013

Hi Again,

JFOREX and API version just has changed to
JFOREX 2.26.5 on API 2.9.0.1
Range Bars: 6 pts.

I was really surprised when the chart displayed a bar with 2 shadows on both sides of the bar like time-based chart.
You can simply find these bars 14.08.2013 at 16:36 GMT.
Find below attached screnshot.

Post subject: Re: [UPDATED. 2]. Range Bars chart/data integrity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 16 Aug, 2013, 16:19 

Hi JFOREX Team,

I've faced with another issue.
A new RB disappears from a chart after refresh for a time and appears again as a new bar.
I noticed that It usually happens if the new bar goes in opposite direction to pervious one.

Please look at the attached screenshot:
1. 1st image was taken right after a new bar had shown. Time: 13:50:22 GMT
2. 2nd image: I did refresh the chart and the latest bar disappeared. Time: 13:50:53 GMT
3. 3rd image: After 1 minute the bar appeared again however its open price a bit changed. Time: 13:51:54

I hope it helps you.
As the Range bars is nice and powerful instrument it would be great if the above were fixed.

Thanks.

Attachments:
disappearance.png [64.51 KiB]
Downloaded 919 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Range Bars chart/data integrity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 10 Nov, 2013, 14:01 

Hi again,
is there any info?

Post subject: Re: Range Bars chart/data integrity Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 14 Nov, 2013, 17:17 
JForex Master

User rating:
There is a new version 2.29.1 out on DEMO. There are a couple of things solved on the price based period side. The base period can be changed now as well. It used to be 7 days by default. Will be shown in [] brackets now on.
The incomplete candle used to be taken into account in the next base period. It would not be anymore.
The Renko and Range bar units max limit has been increased to 1000 now.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com