Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Submit JForex API bug reports in this forum only.
    Submit Converter issues in Converter Issues.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Discrepancy between ITesterReportData.getFinishDeposit() and Strategy Report
 Post subject: Discrepancy between ITesterReportData.getFinishDeposit() and Strategy Report Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 15 Sep, 2016, 18:23 

User rating: 0
I am using ITesterClient to perform historical backtests.
Up till now, I have relied on the strategy's IAccount.getEquity() calls to monitor the equity. The last call during a backtest [from Strategy's onStop] reports an equity similar to the one in the [ITesterClient.createReport] strategy report's Finish Deposit field. There were minute differences, e.g. $50,572.83 vs $50,573.97, $50,473.03 vs $50,472.16, and $49,999.97 vs $49,999.52 - so I just ignored them.

However, I have just now started using ITesterReportData and discovered that its ITesterReportData.getFinishDeposit() method reports a different result than the other methods, described above. For example, in the last case, ITesterReportData.getFinishDeposit() reported $50,153.98 vs $49,999.xx.

Why is there such a difference, in particular between strategy report [as created using ITesterClient.createReport] and ITesterReportData.getFinishDeposit()?
Which is right? Which one should I use?
Why are they not all completely consistent?

Please advise.
Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Discrepancy between ITesterReportData.getFinishDeposit() and Strategy Report Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 22 Nov, 2016, 17:33 

User rating:
This is a known issue. We are working to fix it.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com