Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Get Historical Candles Error
 Post subject: Get Historical Candles Error Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 19 Oct, 2020, 19:54 

User rating: 0
Unfortunately the historical candle data is incorrect. As you can see in the picture, the data is only retrived for the candle with the shift value (in my attached example it is #4.)...
Is this a bug, or can I do something differently?

Beste regards,

Balazs

Attachments:
Breakout_Reversal.vfs [65.38 KiB]
Downloaded 880 times
Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 20.48.56.png [872.63 KiB]
Downloaded 4773 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Get Historical Candles Error Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 20 Oct, 2020, 16:25 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Greetings.

It works fine. You are looking at the 4th candle. (Shift=4)
Currently active candle is number 0. (Shift=0)

Regards.

Post subject: Re: Get Historical Candles Error Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 20 Oct, 2020, 16:50 

Hi Vadim,

I might be mistaken, but I am looking for 16 historical candles (from the 4th candle backwards).. Those 16 historical candles, I want to use as 1 block and look at the and low of that block....
If this is not the way to do it, would you be so kind to tell me , what way I can achieve this?

thanks again

Balazs

Post subject: Re: Get Historical Candles Error Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Oct, 2020, 11:29 

Hi Vadim,

I am more than convinced now there is some sort of BUG with the Historical CandleS block.... Or with the loop vieuwer. So the array of data might be correct bbut perhaps the loop vieuwer handles it incorrectly (either one of the two).
I noticed that:
1.) When using Loop vieuwer, the data is only presented (or retrived) for the candle number of the shift, not the entire block of candles).
2. Sometimes (most of the times), the high and low of the retrieved data is switched around.

I would really appreciate your help!

best regards

Balazs

Post subject: Re: Get Historical Candles Error Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Oct, 2020, 14:28 

User rating:
To learn how blocks in Visual JF work please read the following points from the manual:
5.3. Components
7.3. How to work with shift values
https://www.dukascopy.com/vfhelper/down ... _locale=EN

After that, if you see discrepancy in block work, please, clearly explain the issue and add strategy file that replicates it.

Regards.

Post subject: Re: Get Historical Candles Error Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Oct, 2020, 14:41 

Dear Vadim,

Appologise up front for my harsher reaction because I know you always try to do your best at helping, but in this instance I feel you are not really reading my posts. So I Ask you once again, please do not send me to read a manual whoch I have obviously done, but I ask YOU this time to read carefully what I have posted here:

In my first post you can see a clear screenshot of what is happening and I also added the VFS file.
I will repeat unmistakenly what I experience and I emphesize, it is NOT about the Shift! The shoft works fine. The only reason I showed a shift 4 in my first post is to be very clear about what the historical candleS (PLURAL) is doing. Not because I have an issue with the shift funtion.

What I try to do is retrieve a block of 16 historical candles (the shift here is irrelevant, as it is about the 16 candles!). I want to look at the HIGH and the LOW of that block of 16 candles. I use the historic candles block, enter 16 in the candles amount section! After the array of data is retrieved, I use the LOOP VIEWER to use that array of data!
As you can see clearly in my attached file (and screenshot), I try to retrieve the high and the low of the array (which obviously is handled for simpicity sake as a single candle). However, what Visual Jforex does is not present me the HIGH and LOW of that array of data, but rather only present the high and the low of a single candle (specifically the one in the SHIFT section).

In other words, the historical candleS (Plural!) is acting as the historic candle (single) block!
In Addtition, the data presented once the array is retrieved is not correct factually as sometimes the high and the low are simply Switched around (now, this might be because of a mistake I make), but I do observe this bbehaviour on occasion.

I hope this explenation was clear Vadim and you are able to present me with a solution. Also please let me know if there is anything I am doing wrong or can do differently in case it is not a bug!

thanks again!

Balazs

Post subject: Re: Get Historical Candles Error Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 23 Oct, 2020, 10:35 

User rating:
Period filter should be "IF Last Candle Period = defoultPreiod", not "IF defoultPreiod = 15M"
Also there should be Instrument filter.
Lowest and Highest variables have to be assigned before the Loop Viewer.
Calculation of Entry points should be after Loop Viewer, not within.
Conditions identifying Lowest and Highest are wrong.
Fixed strategy is in attachment.

Regards.

Attachments:
Breakout_Reversal_fix.vfs [65.57 KiB]
Downloaded 886 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Get Historical Candles Error Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 26 Oct, 2020, 08:25 

Thank you Vadim!

This was great help, I appreciate it!
Another question I have: as I developed the strategy further, I come accross another problem, whcih I will ask in a new thread to keep the threads clean.

Best regards,

Balazs

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com