Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Weird Issues With My Strategy Or Builder Bugs?
 Post subject: Weird Issues With My Strategy Or Builder Bugs? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 14 Sep, 2018, 20:42 

User rating: 0
I've coded a strategy using 4 previous candles ( shift4,shift3,shift2,shift1)

If shift4, shift3 are green and shift2, shift1 are red it should sell on the close of shift1 or open of the new current candle.
If shift4, shift3 are red and shift2, shift 1 are green it should buy on the close of shift1 or open of the new candle.

To filter I've used: Green = open < close ; Red = open > close

Issue 1:

However it opens trades randomly, on the chart attached it can be seen it opens trades after 1 red, 2 green and 1 red despide the way I coded it.

Issue 2:

It opens trades at other times and at other prices. It should open on the close of candle shift 1 not at other times/prices.

Issue 3:

I think this is caused by my lack of coding skills with Visual Jforex: I'm trying to set a trailling stop as soon as the transaction is in profit in 25 pips, but I've not managed.

Issue 4:

Is there a way to close all open transactions Friday at 20.00 GMT no matter of profit,losses?

Thank you for your input. :mrgreen:

Attachments:
test_strategy.vfs [46.72 KiB]
Downloaded 241 times
test_strategy.java [21.94 KiB]
Downloaded 251 times
Chart_EUR_USD_4 Hours_snapshot.png [14.31 KiB]
Downloaded 367 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Weird Issues With My Strategy Or Builder Bugs? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 11 Dec, 2018, 18:06 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Hello.

Your strategy works on 10 Minutes period, but on the picture above we are looking at 4 Hour period.

Kind regards, Support Team.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com