Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Strange behavior when trading multiple instruments using same strategy
 Post subject: Strange behavior when trading multiple instruments using same strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 20 Apr, 2018, 17:13 

User rating: 0
Hi

I have been trying to test the same strategy with it trading more than one instrument, but cant get it to work.

I have tried to simply open multiple versions of the strategy in a demo account, and have each one trade a different instrument, but that made the strategy stop opening new positions.

Then I tried to copy paste the strategy inside Visual JForex, and connect each strategy copy via a Multiple Action block as shown in picture example attached below. If I used identical instrument, there was no problem. However if I used different instruments, only the instrument used for the first flow in the Multiple Action block was used, and it did not produce the expected results in the test (comparing results when using just one strategy with same instrument).

I changed all variables, so they contained Unique names for each strategy set (usually adding One_, Two_ etc in front of the variable). I also gave the Indicator Blocks Output Values Unique names for each strategy set.

What could be going wrong?

Attachments:
File comment: Shows the entry Blocks to each strategy
MultiInstrumentStrategy.jpg [217.16 KiB]
Downloaded 337 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Strange behavior when trading multiple instruments using same strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 14 May, 2018, 20:12 

User rating: 1
Hi Simon,

Coming a bit late to the party, but I think the issue is that you are using 2x Last Ask Candle: Candle Instrument. I guess it takes the default instrument candle in that case. If you google the visual jforex guide, they explain you how to work with multiple instruments.

Kind regards,

Koen

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com