Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Custom default period
 Post subject: Custom default period Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 14 Mar, 2018, 15:59 

User rating: 0
Hi,

Is there any way to get a custom time period, eg. 30 seconds instead of the default 10 seconds?

Many thanks
Chris

Post subject: Re: Custom default period Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 21 Mar, 2018, 13:51 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi there,

There is no ready-to-use period but it can be built using a workaround: The idea is to use 3 candles of 10 sec each and retrieve Open, High, Low and close prices. This is obviously built along with the strategy run meaning your 30 sec candles starts to be computed when the strategy is launched.
So the Open price would be the same as the Open of the first 10sec candle / Close : Close of the third 10 sec Candle
High and lows: You have to use a combination of Get hisotrical candles (set to 3 candles to be retrieved). There is plenty of examples if you look with "Highest high and Lowest low" keywords in this forum.

what candle data do you need apart from OHLC ? You trading idea needs long term look-back ?? Are you planning to use indicators based on 30 sec candles ? (if so, this will be hard to achieve)

Post subject: Re: Custom default period Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 22 Mar, 2018, 10:39 

User rating: 0
Amazing, thank you so much for your help! just the high/low data is all thats needed. I will have a look through the forums for examples and if i have any problems ill get back to you! But thanks for pointing me in the right direction, i spoke with someone else at dukascopy via email and they told me this couldn't be achieved so i greatly appreciate your help!!

Many thanks
Chris

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com