Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Oops Williams strategy
 Post subject: Oops Williams strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 24 Jan, 2018, 17:50 

User rating: 0
Good evening,
I would like to have a support in building a strategy similar to the Ooops Williams strategy.

Variable
GapDown=Close(1)-Open(0) (if Close(1)>Open(0)) (this variable identify the value of the gap in price)
PercGapDown=GapDown/Open(0) (this variable identify the % of the Gap)

The logic is that if the Gap is large enough (around 0.8%) and it is closed and the price reach a Close(1)+10Tick

if PercGapDown>0.8% AND Close(1)>Open(0) Then Open a Buy Stop at (Close(1)+10Tick)
Set the TProfit when the next bar open price is > 1.01*(Entry)
Set the SL at Low(0)-10*Tick
One of the things I do not know how to solve is that the SL is setted to Low(0) of the currentCandle and the tick price should be less then the low(0).

There is a server error and could not add part of the VJF code

Post subject: Re: Oops Williams strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Jan, 2018, 06:05 

User rating: 5
Greetings Durden,

If you are unable to upload the VFS file of your strategy, then the next best thing to do is to take screenshots of your strategy file and post them back here.

Post subject: Re: Oops Williams strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Jan, 2018, 11:10 

;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfaucosty7eqe ... w.PNG?dl=0

Post subject: Re: Oops Williams strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Jan, 2018, 18:19 

User rating: 5
Hello again,

If I understand correctly, you want your strategy to close a position when the price ticks below your unassigned StopLoss, which is basically the low of current candle ? If my assumption is correct, then use the "OnTick StartPoint" instead of the "OnCandle StartPoint" to execute such a logic.

Post subject: Re: Oops Williams strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 11 Apr, 2018, 12:01 

Could you please post the example in this strategy ?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com