Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

How to set BWMFI condition for noobs
 Post subject: How to set BWMFI condition for noobs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 20 Jan, 2018, 08:18 

User rating: 0
Hello Guys,

I have a little problem. I can not set BWMFI condition in VJforex. Lets assume, that I want to go long, if the last 30 min bar is SQUAT (MFI down, VOLUME up) For this purpose I set shift on BWMFI to 1. But what to do next? I need to set condition if last 30 min bar/candle equals SQUAT, then BUY. Many thanks for your help, I think that for same of you is it question of few clicks.

Many thanks

Post subject: Re: How to set BWMFI condition for noobs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 20 Jan, 2018, 08:20 

User rating: 0
IMG
https://ibb.co/naiHrw

The Best Answer  Post subject: Re: How to set BWMFI condition for noobs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 20 Jan, 2018, 22:52 

User rating: 5
Greetings fostercz,

So far you are on the right track! There are some different ways to obtain the result you seek; depending on the overall logic of the strategy. However, just by comprehending the basic concept of the BWMFI indicator, we can argue that on any given timeframe there can only be one of the four instances present while the remaining three will be absent; either MFI up Volume Up, MFI down Volume Down, MFI Up Volume Down or MFI Down Volume Up. Since the absent instances will have the value of zero and the present occurrence is going to be above the value of zero; we can use the IF block, as shown in your screenshot to proceed and apply the GREATER THAN logic. Please look at the following screenshot.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com