Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Time related pending orders
 Post subject: Time related pending orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 14 Dec, 2017, 18:45 

User rating: 0
I am looking for a way to set a time that a pending order can be placed so that my default Entry, SL and TP settings are relative to the price at the time that the pending order is placed. I can set a pending order myself but i'd like to know if there is a way to set a time that the platform will place that pending order for me so that my point of entry is relative to the price at the time the pending order is placed (without me doing it manually).

Lets say for Example: 04:00 BoE Interest Rate Decision. At 03:59:50 I can manually place a 'BUY', 'BID Stop' pending order using my default settings for Entry, Stop Loss and Take Profit.

I am looking for a way that I can have this set up in advance to happen automatically for me at 03:59:50. I assume this can be done using Visual JForex Strategies but I am new to JForex and cannot seem to figure out what the strategy setup looks like in Visual JForex. Is there someone who can show me what this setup would look like?

The Best Answer  Post subject: Re: Time related pending orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 19 Dec, 2017, 17:35 

User rating: 5
Hello RedWolf,

What you are looking for can easily be implemented using the "GetTimeUnit" component. Please use the User Guide in the Help drop down menu of the Visual JForex Flash Editor to learn more about it. Also, you may take a look at some of the topics in the Working With Time section of the Visual JForex sub-forum.

Last but not the least, if you may please upload your strategy's .VFS file, then either one of us community members or Dukascopy's own Visual JForex Experts may be able to better assist you.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com