Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Convert mt4 indicator to Jforex indicator
 Post subject: Convert mt4 indicator to Jforex indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 06 Nov, 2017, 10:44 

User rating: 0
Hi,
I want to Use Mt4 SMA Trend indicator in Visual Jforex.

1- How can I convert Mt4 indicator to Jforex Indicator.

2- How can I add that Indicator (After finishing converting Indicator) to Visual Jforex (Because now. Visual Jforex has not that Indicator).

Please help me. Thank you in advance.

Post subject: Re: Convert mt4 indicator to Jforex indicator Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Mon 06 Nov, 2017, 11:21 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Greetings,

We do not offer MT4 conversion via JForex platform anymore also there is no possibility to load any MT4 code in Visual JForex.
The only solution that I see is to rebuild the indicator in Visual JForex. I can help you with this depending on the level of complexity, I'd need the exact formula of the indicator and an example.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Convert mt4 indicator to Jforex indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 06 Nov, 2017, 16:06 

Thank you for your assistance. I intend attached Mt4 indicator here but It is EX4 file so I can not attached it (This is HMA Trend Indicator, you can find and dowload at https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/22515). Please help me to to rebuild the indicator in Visual JForex and how can I add it in Visual JForex in order to build My Stratergy.

Thank you for your good support.

Post subject: Re: Convert mt4 indicator to Jforex indicator Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Mon 13 Nov, 2017, 16:35 

Greetings,

Alright, I see how this indicator works. it is actually a combination of fast and slow HMAs during a certain number of bars. How would you use such indicator in your trading strategy ?

Post subject: Re: Convert mt4 indicator to Jforex indicator Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Mon 13 Nov, 2017, 17:43 

Here is an example:
This strategy trades every-time 10 red "dots" of your indicator appears (I'm referring to your link @ MT4).
Please test and let me know ...

Attachments:
HMA_trend.vfs [45.15 KiB]
Downloaded 137 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Convert mt4 indicator to Jforex indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 Nov, 2017, 16:34 

Thank you for your help.

I use it as an indicator and combine with some other indicators in my stratergy.

Yes It is very good and running well.

Best regards,

TQNham

Post subject: Re: Convert mt4 indicator to Jforex indicator Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Wed 15 Nov, 2017, 10:03 

Excellent!

Let me add some more details regarding the method used in this example that could help other chaps:

- For this example the idea is to get the previous 10 candles and check whether both HMAs are on the same trend.
- TO do so, I've used a loop in order to get these 10 candles data from the first loop execution and also to avoid the use of 10 blocks of 'Get historical candle' shifted individually. Every loop sequence it checks HMA outputs for the 10 candles and increments the counter "Count_verified" till it reaches 10 --> 10 previous HMAs are following the same trend
- You can see also that I've used a dynamic shift so that within each loop cycle it looks backward till the previous 10 HMAs are checked all (shift 1 against shift 0 / shift 2 against shift 1 / shift 3 against shift 2 / and so-forth...)

Post subject: Re: Convert mt4 indicator to Jforex indicator Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 17 Nov, 2017, 08:46 

Yes, Thank you very much

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com