Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Candle Shape
 Post subject: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 23 Aug, 2017, 00:04 

User rating: 1
Hello JF Support Team

I'm new here and I would like to know how to:

Setup a strategy based on the shape of the last candle.
For example trigger a buy order when last candle matches following settings:

Body: Bullish (green), body size: min. 1 pip and max. 3 pips
Nose: Max. 1 pip
Tail: Min: 6 pips and max. 20 pips

I can't figure out what block to use and what settings to make..
Couldn't find any answer in the documentation or in the forum topics.
Or did I miss it?

Anyway. Help is much appreciated.

Cheers :)
Oli

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 Aug, 2017, 15:19 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi there,

There several examples in this forum dealing with candle's pattern identification (Pin bar / Hammer / etc...)
Check this for instance: https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english ... dle#p85454

Let me know if you have more questions

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 29 Aug, 2017, 19:12 

Thank you Amine

This example makes things clearer.

But I still don't really understand how to set the candle parameter.
For example if I would like the bullish PinBar to have a Body Size of minimum 1 Pip and maximum 4 Pips.
Where can I enter this Pip-values? In the code itself or in the variable-box on the visual-platform?

And how to do it... If you could give me another example it would be great.

Thank you for your help. :)

Oli

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 31 Aug, 2017, 13:15 

Hi there,

Attached an example with some notes. The strategy will trade at the open price of the candle that follows the pin bar one. I've considered your spec in the first post but modified the tail size cause 6-20 pips was too restrictive so I used 4-20 for testing purpose. Feel free to adjust as per your needs.

Attachments:
PinBar.vfs [35.25 KiB]
Downloaded 184 times
PinBar.JPG [59.66 KiB]
Downloaded 429 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 31 Aug, 2017, 16:19 

Hello Amine

Great explanation. Thank you so much!

Now I understand how to set the pip sizes. :idea:

Cheers

Oli

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 04 Sep, 2017, 17:39 

Hello Amine

I have another question for you.

I would like to combine the 2 strategies in the attachments.

Result should be:

3 Red Candles followed by Green PinBar > Buy Order

So far I understand the architecture of both strategies.. but I can not combine them.
I tried many variations without success. But I am pretty sure you know how to do it.
Please give me a hint. :)

Thank you.
Oli

Attachments:
PinBarNew.vfs [36.44 KiB]
Downloaded 188 times
threeRedCandlesSellHistoricalCandle.vfs [30.99 KiB]
Downloaded 185 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 07 Sep, 2017, 19:13 

Hi there,

Any idea how to handle my "problem" ?

Cheers
Oli

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 12 Sep, 2017, 09:40 

User rating: 0
You could try to code the SELL ;)

Good trading

Attachments:
Bearish3_pattern_Buy.vfs [43.95 KiB]
Downloaded 185 times

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 14 Sep, 2017, 09:01 

Hi there

I did the SELL but not without a "cheat sheet" so far. :)
I start to understand the logic and the possibilities of JF.

This is really a great Strategy Builder !

I have another question.. Please check the notes in the attachment.

Thank you very much :D

Oli

Attachments:
File comment: PB Strategy
TEST_Red3_GreenPB_Buy.vfs [52.93 KiB]
Downloaded 198 times

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 19 Sep, 2017, 16:04 

Hey

Sorry for the late answer .. I'm back :)
You should try with 3 blocks of "Get historical candle" with shifts 1, 2, 3 respectively (for your 3 red candles ) and one dedicated block for the green then duplicate the overall architecture and you'll get it !

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 22 Sep, 2017, 09:17 

Hi

No problem. Thanks for the hint. ;)
I could do it. It works very well so far.

Cheers

Oli

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 25 Sep, 2017, 15:30 

Hey Amine

How can I combine my current candlestick pattern strategy with a MA-crossing?

Please have a look at it and advise.

Oli

Also sent you a PM about this.. Thanks.

Attachments:
JF_Strategy_PINBAR_Trigger.vfs [64.4 KiB]
Downloaded 182 times

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 27 Sep, 2017, 16:26 

Hi there !

It looks like trades are pushed with your current version:

Is this not matching your expectations ? How ? Can you show on a chart your entry conditions in details ?

Thanks !

Attachments:
pinBar_trigger.JPG [157.09 KiB]
Downloaded 432 times

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 28 Sep, 2017, 04:58 

Hi there,

Yes the trades are pushed. Everything works just fine.

I just need a few more extensions to the current strategy. (I did send them to you by PM a few days ago)

The candlestick setup should appear right after the EMA-crossing like on this picure here..

Attachments:
JF Strategy.jpg [122.03 KiB]
Downloaded 406 times

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 28 Sep, 2017, 05:05 

I did add the EMA-crossing structure into the current strategy architecture.
But somehow it is not combining it. I must have connected the blocks the wrong way. (please have a look at the attached .vfs file)
Can you please show me how to connect it the right way?

Thanks a lot.

Oli

Attachments:
JF_Strategy_PINBAR_Trigger.vfs [64.4 KiB]
Downloaded 180 times

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 03 Oct, 2017, 02:06 

I still could not figure out a way to combine the blocks. :?

Anybody here knows how to do it?

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 04 Oct, 2017, 09:07 

Hi there,

I restarted your strategy from scratch with a another implementation method:
- We'll do a look-back for the 10 previous candles to check your entry conditions (green candles + red + cross)
- I used a loop viewer in order to accelerate this, so every execution flow we'll have a check for the previous 10 candles

The problem is:
I don't see positions created, (although I did not test thoroughly) It seems to me that the entry conditions are too restrictive so if you can test this and / or point out on the historical tester a case where the strategy should push a trade , this would help a lot.

Cheers

Attachments:
Oli_V2.vfs [54.96 KiB]
Downloaded 178 times

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 Oct, 2017, 08:46 

Hi again,

I found an error in the previous example and the idea of using the loop is not implemented the right way. I'll think about it but as an alternative solution, I've attached another example but I used the classic way with Get historical candle / shifts.

Some testing and fine-tuning is required.

Attachments:
V4.JPG [41.41 KiB]
Downloaded 370 times
Oli_V4.vfs [57.38 KiB]
Downloaded 172 times

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 06 Oct, 2017, 11:23 

Hi there

I reduced the EMA's size a bit and the trades are triggered the right way so far.
I will test it some more.

Well done! :D

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Candle Shape Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 10 Oct, 2017, 11:54 

Good to hear that !

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com