Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Open position
 Post subject: Open position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 26 Jul, 2017, 08:12 

User rating: 0
Good afternoon. How to make that while a buy signal is being received, only one order is opened and when the closing is closed, a repeated order is not opened until the signal continues

Post subject: Re: Open position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 27 Jul, 2017, 15:38 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

This is feasible but can you come up with a concrete example ? what are your entry condition(s) exactly ?

Post subject: Re: Open position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 27 Jul, 2017, 22:54 

If the price of the Bid is above the moving average, then I open a buy order, if Bid is lower, I open the sell order. But the position after the close on take profit is opened again, because the entry conditions have not changed. What kind of filter can I set?

Post subject: Re: Open position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 28 Jul, 2017, 08:29 

Here you go...

Attachments:
EMA_Exp1.vfs [22.58 KiB]
Downloaded 187 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Open position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 29 Jul, 2017, 12:14 

Thank you, but I need new orders to not open at all, if one order has already been opened and the signal for opening this order has not changed. Reopening is possible only if the price is again above the moving average and then again go down below its value, only then the warrant for example for sale can be reopened. It is necessary that any change

Post subject: Re: Open position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 31 Jul, 2017, 13:40 

Hi there,

Check the attached,
I've added a logical variable that manages the entry signal. For this Long entry, you can see that no position is opened until the bid price goes back under the EMA then up afterwards.

Attachments:
EMA_Exp2.vfs [26.33 KiB]
Downloaded 202 times
EntryCond.JPG [131.69 KiB]
Downloaded 406 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Open position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 03 Aug, 2017, 16:01 

Thanks, helped. I still have a question, what should I prescribe so that at the start of the strategy the orders are not immediately opened? But they waited for the price to cross the paper?

Post subject: Re: Open position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 04 Aug, 2017, 15:59 

Hi,
Quote:
But they waited for the price to cross the paper?

Not sure if I well understood:
Do you mean when the market price goes below the EMA for a short signal ? and vice versa for Long ? if so that was implemented as the strategy will not open any trade till the market crossover the EMA upward.

Post subject: Re: Open position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 05 Aug, 2017, 22:48 

When the strategy starts, the price is always higher or lower than the price, you need the order not to open immediately as the strategy starts to work, but waits for the price to cross the line.

Post subject: Re: Open position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 07 Aug, 2017, 14:11 

Yes, that what is implemented.
When you start the strategy and the market price is above the EMA there will no positions opened till the crossover happens.
Please test thoroughly ...

Post subject: Re: Open position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 12 Aug, 2017, 06:47 

Good afternoon. Everything works, thank you. Please tell me more ... how to find the loss of all the last closed orders before the first oder closed in plus?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com