Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Tick and Candle
 Post subject: Tick and Candle Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 24 Mar, 2017, 19:02 

User rating: 0
Good evening,
1- is it possible to have in the same flow the ticks and the candles ?
For example if I would like to buy during the 8 GMT candle when the tick of that candle is above the max of the previous candle (7 GMT) is it possible to do that?
I tried to write that but the testing does not give any answer apparently.

2- If in the example Fibonacci_Part_1 I would like to know what is the value of an indicator (stochastic or Rsi) in the min or max is that possible ? (maybe something with Min_timeStamp that calculate how many candles are run and after utilize that on the indicator shift value?)

Attachments:
Trend_II.vfs [40.29 KiB]
Downloaded 133 times
Fibonacci_Part1.vfs [37.93 KiB]
Downloaded 112 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Tick and Candle Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Tue 28 Mar, 2017, 16:02 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

1/ Well if you use Last tick price variable (like in the attached example test299) connected to OnCandle method it will simply catch last tick price at the moment when the OnCandle method gets activated and/or conditions let it go.

2/ I did not understand what are you looking for but here is some info:
- If you want to check the current value of a variable when a condition is met or a block is 'reached' use the break point and put the var on the worksapce.
- If you need to catch the time of such phenomena use Assign to get the timestamp

Else please describe your need thoroughly
Thanks !

Attachments:
test299.vfs [25.72 KiB]
Downloaded 128 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Tick and Candle Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 28 Mar, 2017, 18:38 

For the -2

I would know a specific value of an indicator of a previous candle. For example in a strategy it is utilized the Minmax indicator to find the min or max value and timestamp to get when has been obtained the minmax.
Is it possible to know what kind of value have an indicator (RSI) in the minmax ?

Post subject: Re: Tick and Candle Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Wed 29 Mar, 2017, 14:21 

Hi,

If I well understood you need to retrieve the time-stamp of the Min Max indicator from a given candle's array.
Given the assumption that the the highest and lowest MINMAX indicator refer to the highest and lowest candle from that given range, you can see attached how to implement that.

Let me know if it cope with your needs.

Cheers

Attachments:
HighestLowest_And_Minmax.vfs [32.29 KiB]
Downloaded 143 times

Post subject: Re: Tick and Candle Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 29 Mar, 2017, 17:37 

No Amine, your post is great and suitable but is not what I would like to test.
Sorry probably is for my english :)

The objective is to find the value of the RSI in correspondence of a MIN (or Max) of a selected period.
For example the strategy wants to know what is the value of the RSI during the MIN on a period of 200 Candles.

Tried with timestamp to count the number of the previous candles to find with the shift but do not seems so intelligent.

Thanks and congratulations for the new version of the platform, it is great : )

Post subject: Re: Tick and Candle Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Tue 04 Apr, 2017, 15:39 

Hi there,

Okay, this has been implemented in the attached example:
Quote:
the strategy wants to know what is the value of the RSI during the MIN on a period of 200 Candles.

this condition was simply made with the help of an RSI indicator and the assign block that comes at the end is catching the value of the RSI right at the moment when the minimum and the maximums are identified. The time stamp will help you locating the moment.

Attachments:
HighestLowest_And_Minmax_RSI.vfs [34.59 KiB]
Downloaded 152 times

Post subject: Re: Tick and Candle Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 06 Apr, 2017, 11:34 

Thanks Amine, could I send you the strategy on your mail? Because I would like to partecipate to the strategy contest with an implementation of that.
The strategy seems to do not open trades but the code seems logic and in agreement with your suggestions, so maybe it is just a little thing to improve.

Post subject: Re: Tick and Candle Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Thu 06 Apr, 2017, 15:08 

Sure,

feel free to address it to me
[email protected]

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com