Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Set take profit by the total profit on opened trades
 Post subject: Set take profit by the total profit on opened trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 09 Dec, 2016, 16:14 

User rating: 0
Hi, I´m setting a multicurrency strategy and I don´t know how to set a take profit by "total gain on opened trades", I´m using Visual JForex.

Thanks a lot.

Post subject: Re: Set take profit by the total profit on opened trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 12 Dec, 2016, 16:02 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,
could you please clarify how would you use "total gain on opened trades" ? if it is a target amount of profit based on your equity or start of day balance then you can calculate it and once the equity reaches this target it will exit the trades.

Thx

Post subject: Re: Set take profit by the total profit on opened trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 13 Dec, 2016, 12:12 

Thanks for your reply, but I found your "Equitymonitoring.vfs" and fits perfectly, but I´m not able to set a exponential lot increases or decreases based on the last two trades profit sum.
I´m using simultaneus hedged trades (Eur-Usd vs Gbp-Usd) and I want to increase the % risk if last trades profit sum is positive or decreases if negative.

Post subject: Re: Set take profit by the total profit on opened trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 13 Dec, 2016, 13:43 

I see,

Can you list the different conditions based on your requirement "set a exponential lot increases or decreases based on the last two trades profit sum"

Post subject: Re: Set take profit by the total profit on opened trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 13 Dec, 2016, 16:01 

The strategy open crossed positions simultaneously, on correlationated pairs, trying to take profit from the spreading.
I want to sum the profit/loss on opened positions for two reasons:

1-If "profit in pips" on "Position_GBP_long + Position_EUR_short" is >5 "close all positions".
2-If "last trade event" "Profit in pips" > 0 ,increases position amount, if <0 decreases position amount, this is dificult for me because the last trade event are two trades, and normally one is winner and the other losser, I think need to sum and use the assign block.

Post subject: Re: Set take profit by the total profit on opened trades Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 16 Dec, 2016, 17:49 

Hi,

Yes correct: you have to sum up your P&L and check it against your conditions but we're analyzing the feasibility of implementing a variable that check the account P&L in base currency. We'll let you know...

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com