Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

determining the High and Low of N previous Candles
 Post subject: determining the High and Low of N previous Candles Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 07 Dec, 2016, 21:11 

User rating: 0
Hello,i am trying to build a small strategy which it opens buyorder if the last Candleclose(the 6th) close higher than the High of the last 5 Candles and opens a sell order if it close lower than the Low of the last 5 Candles.i have built one simple Strategy which it opens only on the first condition(close higher than High of last 5 Candles),but it doesn't open for the condition of Low. can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?

i have attached my strategy

many thanks in advance!

Attachments:
Six_lastCandlesHigh_LowTest.vfs [41 KiB]
Downloaded 184 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: determining the High and Low of N previous Candles Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 09 Dec, 2016, 09:45 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

You're missing the start value of your Candle High/Low variables: there should be an initial value in order for the system to perform a logical comparison.
Also, when you reset you values you have to take into account the comparison that you're doing: If the candle low is reset to 0 --> no value could be assigned to it as there is no prices below 0. You see ?

We'll be releasing a new version of Visual Jforex that includes an online user guide (Menu Help > user guide) Stay tuned !

Cheers

Attachments:
Six_lastCandlesHigh_LowTest_V2.vfs [41.32 KiB]
Downloaded 178 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: determining the High and Low of N previous Candles Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 09 Dec, 2016, 13:47 

The version 1.6.57 is just released with the online user guide under Help menu.
(Make sure to clear your browser's cookies to access it)
Envoy !

Post subject: Re: determining the High and Low of N previous Candles Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 09 Dec, 2016, 14:36 

User rating: 0
Thank you for the Response Amine, i think i get, but can i ask you why you choose 2000 as initial value for the Lowcandle and not another value like 1000 or something else..?
By the way i hope it will help the new version of vjf. And the user guide.

Cheers!!

Post subject: Re: determining the High and Low of N previous Candles Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 12 Dec, 2016, 15:59 

Hi ! Thx and I'm sure it will helps a lot !
The choice of 2000 is just random, the main idea is to assign the low variable a value higher than the quoted price of the currency that you're willing to trade. If it is EURUSD, you can use 2 for instance (unless the eur/usd will jump to 2 one day :) )

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com