Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Calculation Expression
 Post subject: Calculation Expression Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 10 Sep, 2016, 16:32 

User rating: 1
Hi!

Could somebody please tell me a bit more about the calculation expression blocks? When I'm building a strategy, I really try to avoid them since they tend to crash strategies when testing. So im basically down to using multiple calculation blocks, even when the calculation expression blocks seem to be much more efficient.

As an example, I tried to get an average of 5 values. So cell A1 till A5 contained the doubles that needed averaging, and A6 contained the value 5 (First as a hard value, afterwards as a variable), but I can't test the strategy anymore (ends as soon as I try to start it, seems like an error to me). Tried 2 different formulas:
- ((a1+a2+a3+a4+a5)/a6)
-((((((a1)+a2)+a3)+a4)+a5)/a6)

It didn't work, so I ended up using 4 calculation blocks, 3 for adding everything up and 1 for dividing it by five....

Would appreciate some info on them

Kind regards,

Koen

Post subject: Re: Calculation Expression Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 12 Sep, 2016, 10:37 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

I don't see any issue with the calculation block and the formula "((a1+a2+a3+a4+a5)/a6)" is fine. You can even remove the brackets : "(a1+a2+a3+a4+a5)/a6"
I believe the error that you've got is more related to the variables (a1, a2,...) that you use for your formula. probably some variables are not defined at all (undetermined by the system). To check that, I need to see the strategy.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Calculation Expression Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 09 Dec, 2016, 14:25 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

We've improved the brackets display in this block for your convenience:

Attachments:
CalcBrackets.JPG [61.78 KiB]
Downloaded 245 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com