Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Is the Strategy Community informed of changes made in the new release?
 Post subject: Is the Strategy Community informed of changes made in the new release? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 29 Sep, 2015, 23:38 

User rating: 0
Hi,

1, Is there a public change log where the Strategy Community is informed of changes made in the new releases?

2. Platform changes that could impact strategies are broadcasted somehow? I never receiver anything so far.

3. How can I make sure my strategy is not affected by platform changes?

Regards,
mosu_d

Post subject: Re: Is the Strategy Community informed of changes made in the new release? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 30 Sep, 2015, 15:57 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi there,

The answer to your 3 questions:
We use to publish the release notes in the forum section dedicated to that but it is not the case anymore. I understand that it is a mandatory thing for serious users to follow up changes and keep track records. From now, we'll publish the release notes related to visual Jforex platform. For the API and Jforex platform you may already found the needed information in the release note sections.

We can not guarantee 100% the same behavior of a strategy before and after a given upgrade. We strongly recommend users to test thoroughly their strategies before going Live.

https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english ... .php?f=142
https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english ... .php?f=113

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Is the Strategy Community informed of changes made in the new release? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 03 Oct, 2015, 23:52 

User rating: 0
Ok, thank you Amine.

Could you elaborate on what it means to
thoroughly test a strategy?

Besides making sure the strategy behaves as expected and no errors are raised while executing it. Are there special events to catch / handle?
Is there a video presentation on this? Last time I checked 90% of the video presentations were for beginners.

Thank you,
mosu_d

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com