Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Trailing stop
 Post subject: Trailing stop Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 19 Sep, 2015, 23:46 

User rating: 0
Hi. Can you please tell me why the trailing stop does not work in my strategy. I can get it to work and I am not sure what I am dong wrong. I have made very simple test strategy to isolate it easily on the historical tester but it just does not work. I have attached my test strategy.

Thanks

Attachments:
File comment: trailing stop
Trailing stop test.vfs [31.7 KiB]
Downloaded 173 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Trailing stop Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 21 Sep, 2015, 10:58 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

Your trailing step command is plugged in a way that the system couldn't reach it once the position is submitted:
1- you selected the first exit wich is a unique flow out. This is basically used when you need the strategy to go only one time to execute a command. This command in this case will be executed once the position is created.
2- Suppose that you selected another exit from the "Open at market block", the problem will remain the same as the system needs to go through the position opening command to reach the tailing stop condition which wont work for you as you need the trailing condition to be checked often so that the market price is monitored and once it goes up the stop will move accordingly.
3- this is why I plugged your trailing step out of the candle exit, and therefore the flow will go through it on every candle period: knowing that the minimum candle period is 10 seconds, the system will check the market price every 10 seconds and execute the trailing step once verified.

4- Once you test your strategy, you will notice that more than a position is created: In case you're worried about that, here is the explanation:
You trade on tick basis, and exactly @9:30:30GMT, at this time you can see in the tick chart that there is more than one tick. Therefore, the system will execute your condition to trade on tick basis having the time 9:30:30

Attached FYI

Attachments:
Trailing stop test_V2.vfs [34.54 KiB]
Downloaded 270 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Trailing stop Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 21 Sep, 2015, 21:30 

User rating: 0
ok Thanks that is very clear and worked.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com