Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

A tiny improvement needed
 Post subject: A tiny improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 08 Sep, 2015, 11:15 

User rating: 1
I would like to have the existing strategy improved. My strategy (attached) works as follows: if MACDhisto is above (below) the zero at least 2 hours, it opens one position after 2 hours, all ensuing positions are eliminated. It works perfectly, however I need to have more positions opened. I need to have the positions opened not just after 2 hours but after 3, 4 and 5 hours as well. In other words I don’t want to change the very logic of the existing strategy but I need to have the positions opened after 2, 3, 4 and 5 hours, all the ensuing positions have to be eliminated.
Could you help me with that? Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
Signal_after_two_hours.vfs [38.41 KiB]
Downloaded 133 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: A tiny improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 09 Sep, 2015, 14:49 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

Not sure if I missed something in your description.. but what is stopping you from implementing the same logic as the one attached in your post with 3, 4 and 5 ???

Best

Post subject: Re: A tiny improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 09 Sep, 2015, 15:10 

amine_chourou wrote:
Hi,

Not sure if I missed something in your description.. but what is stopping you from implementing the same logic as the one attached in your post with 3, 4 and 5 ???

Best

The problem is that when I am trying to do that the strategy begins to open positions randomly (not necessarily after 2, 3, 4 and 5 hours). One time it opens position after 1 hour the next time after 12 hours and so on. In other words, when I put the additional condition (3, 4 5 hours) it breaks the very logic of the strategy and the strategy does not work properly any more.

Kind regards,
kostakis

Post subject: Re: A tiny improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 09 Sep, 2015, 16:39 

What if you try the following:

IF you're at 2 --> Submit order then if it is filled you assign the value 3 to the counter
And then again, if order filled --> assign value 4 ... till 5 and then reset or stop

For this you need to create a position variable to identify your trades and every time it gets filled you increment the counter

Post subject: Re: A tiny improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 10 Sep, 2015, 08:20 

amine_chourou wrote:
What if you try the following:

IF you're at 2 --> Submit order then if it is filled you assign the value 3 to the counter
And then again, if order filled --> assign value 4 ... till 5 and then reset or stop

For this you need to create a position variable to identify your trades and every time it gets filled you increment the counter

Hi,
Your idea is quite interesting. However, I need to have the next order opened despite the previous order, e. g. after 2 hours was filled or not. The idea is as follows: if no order in 2 hours was opened the system would check all the parameters in 3 hours, and after that in 4 hours, and after that in 5 hours, and just after that all the ensuing orders have to be eliminated.
Please, advise.

Post subject: Re: A tiny improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 10 Sep, 2015, 11:39 

alright then,
it should be a simple counter plugged to the oncandle on hourly basis .. check the attached ...

Attachments:
Counter.vfs [24.8 KiB]
Downloaded 144 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: A tiny improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 11 Sep, 2015, 06:42 

amine_chourou wrote:
alright then,
it should be a simple counter plugged to the oncandle on hourly basis .. check the attached ...

Thanks a lot. I'll try it.

Post subject: Re: A tiny improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 11 Sep, 2015, 13:37 

Hi,
I have implemented your Counter into my strategy. I tested my strategy and realized that it did not work properly. Unfortunately, it keeps opening the orders randomly. If I sent you my strategy would you check the Counter there, please?

Kind regards,
kostakis

Post subject: Re: A tiny improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 11 Sep, 2015, 15:15 

with pleasure ...
Meanwhile, please find attached the same example but including the open positions block + closure command after each hour.
You can insert your trading conditions before the Open @Mkt ...

Let me know if it cope with your needs

Attachments:
Counter_V2.vfs [32.86 KiB]
Downloaded 157 times

Post subject: Re: A tiny improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 11 Sep, 2015, 20:24 

My idea is quite close to the example provided, however it's a little bit more complicated. So, I attached the strategy and I would try to explain the very essence of the problem. I need to have one order open after 2 hours from the moment the MACD histo is below (above) zero level and I need to have it each time when the MACD histo crosses a zero level and stays there for at least 2 hours. More over, I need to have the position reduced (TP set to 2 pips) if after 6 hours (4 hours from Current_Position Creation Time) it would not succeed to close with initially estimated profit (TP 12 pips). For that I use the following counters: Counter_N and Counter_P for opening positions after 2 hours; Counter_N11, Counter_P11 for reducing positions after 6 hours (or after 4 hours from Current_Position Creation Time). It works perfectly with 2 hours as well as with 3 hours (for 3 hours I use Counter_N21, Counter_P21 for opening positions and Counter_N22, Counter_P22 for reducing positions after 7 hours (or after 4 hours from Current_Position Creation Time). The problem occurs when I join all the counters together. All them together begin to open positions randomly (not after 2 hours and 3 hours). Could you, please check these counters for me?

Attachments:
RSIMACDprob13AA12.vfs [87.5 KiB]
Downloaded 160 times

The Best Answer  Post subject: Re: A tiny improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 15 Sep, 2015, 16:08 

Hi,

Thanks for the explanations although it is still not 100% clear for me. I don't recommend you to mix up counters and sub-counters unless you master the way they work and when they are reset.
According to this part of explanations:
Quote:
My idea is quite close to the example provided, however it's a little bit more complicated. So, I attached the strategy and I would try to explain the very essence of the problem. I need to have one order open after 2 hours from the moment the MACD histo is below (above) zero level and I need to have it each time when the MACD histo crosses a zero level and stays there for at least 2 hours. More over, I need to have the position reduced (TP set to 2 pips) if after 6 hours (4 hours from Current_Position Creation Time) it would not succeed to close with initially estimated profit (TP 12 pips).

I've built for you the attached example which opens long positions once the MACD histo is below 0 for at least 2 hours. The initial TP is 12 pips and it will be switched to 2 pips after 6 hours from the creation time of the position.
Does this make sens for you ?

Attachments:
MACD_V21.vfs [34.24 KiB]
Downloaded 146 times

Post subject: Re: A tiny improvement needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 16 Sep, 2015, 11:53 

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your help. Actually, it make sense for me. I'll implement the example in my strategy and test it. Thank you again.

Kind regards,
kostakis

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com