Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

very simple strategy
 Post subject: very simple strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 12 Dec, 2014, 13:14 

User rating: 0
I wanted to build a very simple strategy but im still new to visual jforex and even after watching videos I cant .

I wish to make a strategy just that close all open position when total open positions amount is equal to 2 eur (for example).

Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: very simple strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 12 Dec, 2014, 18:58 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Greetings,

Thanks for your post.

We would need some more information in order to help you:
"when total open positions amount is equal to 2 eur" what are refering to when saying "total position amount" ? positions P&L? Account P&L ? P&L per position ? any detailed explanation is more than welcome.

Post subject: Re: very simple strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 12 Dec, 2014, 20:14 

I mean, when all my position opened manually at the moment (winners and lossers in any pair) sum to 2eur (in positive). To keep these 2 eur safe.

Imagine i open 3 position in eur USD, If in any moment it sum up 2 Eur in positive i want to close them. Why? becouse maybe i couldn stay looking to it.

Any ideas?

Tx =)

Post subject: Re: very simple strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 12 Dec, 2014, 22:37 

I forget one thing, i wanted to close all positions, opened and pending, when wining an specific amount of money.

This is strategy is for preserve benefits.
I dont know if i explain good (my english...).

Post subject: Re: very simple strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Dec, 2014, 10:14 

Hi there,

Understood, so basically you are talking about the account profit (Total profit generated).
The attached example is an idea of Profit and loss management: You have to input the target P&L in the strategy parameters window (when launching the strategy) and then once one of the targets will be reached then the strategy will close/cancel all positions submitted.

Thanks

Attachments:
P_L_Management.vfs [28.02 KiB]
Downloaded 244 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: very simple strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Dec, 2014, 10:53 

thank you very much that was what i needed. you the best =)

Post subject: Re: very simple strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Dec, 2014, 11:50 

Men I have a problem. No matter which target I set up. The strategy close my open positions just after Im in the market. (so it doesnt reach any target) Any idea to fix this?

Post subject: Re: very simple strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Dec, 2014, 15:25 

Well,
I should have input some explanation on how to use this strategy.
You have Profit and loss targets as you can see, the idea is to input the upper limit and the lower limit of your equity before starting your daily trading: Example:
I have a 1000$, I want 50 box of profit and a maximum of 20 of loss. I launch the strategy and I input 1050 as a profit target and 980 as down limit. Then I start trading ...once the equity reaches one of the previous limits, it will close all positions.

Post subject: Re: very simple strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Dec, 2014, 22:41 

Ok thank you I will try this way thankx

Post subject: Re: very simple strategy - how do I open P_L_Management.vfs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 06 Sep, 2017, 19:49 

User rating: 2
I'm trying to find a way of programming control of equity and profit/loss for a strategy that runs unattended.
Please help me with a silly problem: how do I open P_L_Management.vfs?
Best regards,
Leonard

Post subject: Re: very simple strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 19 Sep, 2017, 15:58 

Hi and sorry for the late answer !
it's simple: open VJF interface and click on File > import then browse to open your file
This information is also available in the user guide that you can find in Help menu.

Cheers

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com