Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Parabolic Sar - Help Needed
 Post subject: Parabolic Sar - Help Needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 05 Aug, 2013, 23:55 

User rating: 0
Hello all,

I'm trying to create a Parabolic SAR system where if the last Daily and 4-Hour candles show a trend, then the system will initiate on the Hourly shifts. This is only a simplified version of my entire system as I learn to understand the components.

E.g. Daily = Short, 4-Hour = Short, Sell on Hour parabolic shift.

Unfortunately, there is an error somewhere in my system but I'm not sure where it is. If anyone could help me find the mistake, that would be greatly appreciated. If I had to guess, I made a mistake on how it detects the shift itself.

Also, I'm unsure how to create a Trailing Stop that follows the Hourly Parabolic. If anyone could help on that too then I would be eternally grateful. Thank you.

Edit: Looks like I set the timeframe for the first block at 10 minutes instead of a day. I updated the file, but still no trades are being initiated.

Attachments:
ParabolicSar1(2).vfs [42.35 KiB]
Downloaded 369 times
ParabolicSar1.vfs [42.34 KiB]
Downloaded 365 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Parabolic Sar - Help Needed Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Tue 06 Aug, 2013, 08:23 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 27
Hi!

I guess the problem seems to be in the different time settings. Please bear in min that you will need different candles period. So you have to setup GetHistoricalCandle-block for each period.

I just tried at the beginning but still i do not know what setting you will need to enter a trade. Maybe you can clarify yourself a bit more?

Attachments:
ParabolicSar1(2).vfs [50.96 KiB]
Downloaded 380 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Parabolic Sar - Help Needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 06 Aug, 2013, 19:19 

Thank you for the reply.

When I add the "Get Historical Candle" block, do I need one per each Time Period (Eg. one for Daily, one for 4-Hour and one for Hour) or do I not need one for the most recent (Hour) Candle?

To clarify what I meant, the system I want looks at the overall trend for a general idea (Daily and 4-Hour), then it enters the trade when the Parabolic SAR "dots" shift on the hourly chart. The main problem is I don't know how to make the system recognize when the "Dots" have shifted, which is separate from the other problem of not knowing how to create multiple time frame analysis. (Eg. Candle Two Hours ago shows Bullish, and the most recent Candle shows Bearish).

I would repost some changes, but I recently ran into the #2030 error and nothing I've tried has gotten my file to load. I've resigned myself to starting over so might re-create it tonight when I get a chance.

Post subject: Re: Parabolic Sar - Help Needed Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Wed 07 Aug, 2013, 07:20 

Hello!

For every time frame you have to setup getHistoricalCandle though the system knows to which period (candle) you referring to.
With the "shift" problem you need just to say that IF condition on the daily candle = true AND IF condition on the 4 hours candle = true THEN....

I am sure you can manage this... ;)

Post subject: Re: Parabolic Sar - Help Needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 07 Aug, 2013, 22:57 

Thanks again for the help, although I've run into the #2030 error yet again. Looks like I'm starting over for another time. I'll recreate it, then try what you suggested.

Does anyone know what is creating these errors and how to fix it?

Post subject: Re: Parabolic Sar - Help Needed Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 08 Aug, 2013, 08:08 

Can you give us an example of the error, please? When, where did it happen. If you can reproduce the error, please write to us here in the forum how its done :)

Anyway, a solution might me closing the VJF strategy processor in the task bar and refreshing Visual JForex.

Sometimes it also happens to me but I found that "solution" to bypass the error :lol:

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com