Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

How to always keep an order on one price
 Post subject: How to always keep an order on one price Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 20 Jun, 2013, 01:30 

User rating: 1
How to always keep a pending order on one price, even after this order's flow finished.

Post subject: Re: How to always keep an order on one price Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 20 Jun, 2013, 14:43 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
When you use "Pending Open" it places the order and it stays in system as usual pending order does.
It stays there until it is filled or canceled.

Post subject: Re: How to always keep an order on one price Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Jul, 2013, 12:28 

vadim_berezhnoj wrote:
When you use "Pending Open" it places the order and it stays in system as usual pending order does.
It stays there until it is filled or canceled.

Thanks for help. Let me clearly descript the situation what I want:
1. Keep one "Pending Open" order at 1.3050 price.
2. Then this "Pending Open" order executed, and take profit, and closed.
3. Immediately set a new one "Pending Open" order at 1.3050 price again, only one, and the circle continues.

Attachments:
Capture.PNG [46.89 KiB]
Downloaded 566 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: How to always keep an order on one price Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 01 Jul, 2013, 16:32 
Site Administrator

User rating:
So, you want the secund order to be submited only if the position is closed?\

Check the file attached, it should contain the solution.

In the exemple, it is an "open at market", but it would work the same for a conditional order.

Attachments:
temp456.vfs [26.36 KiB]
Downloaded 352 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: How to always keep an order on one price Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Jul, 2013, 05:45 

Bruno_Grunberg wrote:
So, you want the secund order to be submited only if the position is closed?\

Check the file attached, it should contain the solution.

In the exemple, it is an "open at market", but it would work the same for a conditional order.

Thank you, Bruno:

I'v tested "temp456.vfs". It goes well on VJforex's "Historical test", but copied this strategy's source to Jforex to test, I got an error result, and no positions opened.

Besides, there is a bug that I'v found in VJforex's "Historical test", maybe they have relevance:

Condition: current price 1.3050, my pending buy order 1.3030

In Jforex platform, I submit this pending buy order below current price by "stop". The platform could accept and execute this order at correct price because there has a "slippage" parameter that ruled it. It seems like "stop+limit" in MBT platform that I used before, it really useful.

In VJforex's "Historical test", in the same condition, it always random execute my pending order at any price when current price above 1.3030, it does despite the "slippage" parameter. But when current price below 1.3030, it turns normal again.

I attached modified "temp456.vfs" strategy that can prove this, please check the attachment-"temp456-edited.vfs", and test last day's data.

Attachments:
temp456-edited.vfs [28.65 KiB]
Downloaded 273 times
result.JPG [180.54 KiB]
Downloaded 569 times

Post subject: Re: How to always keep an order on one price Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 02 Jul, 2013, 09:09 
Site Administrator

User rating:
WOW

Thank you for your precise reply.

We are working on it.

Post subject: Re: How to always keep an order on one price Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 04 Jul, 2013, 05:18 

Bruno_Grunberg wrote:
WOW

Thank you for your precise reply.

We are working on it.

How's going, Bruno, have any leads?

Post subject: Re: How to always keep an order on one price Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 08 Jul, 2013, 09:05 
Site Administrator

User rating:
Our ingeneers are investigating, sorry for the dealy.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com