Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Margin cut / hedge order
 Post subject: Margin cut / hedge order Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 11 Jun, 2013, 08:05 

User rating: 0
Hello,

I am new in using Dukascopy / JForex. Yesterday, a trade went wrong on me and reached a value over 200% of the authorized leverage. So, as explained in the manual, Dukascopy hedged the trade to reduce the loss. Sofar, no questions.

Now, some 8 hours later, my original trade is almost back to where I wanted it to be, and the opposite trade, placed by Dukas is still there and of course making a big loss. I tried cancelling it, but that does not work. This trade was placed (automatically?) by Dukas, will it also be cancelled by Dukas? And at what level? And what if the loss of this trade will be higher than the loss on my initial trade would have been?

I'm not critisizing anything, I just want to know how this works, so I can adapt my way of trading.

Thanks,

Erik.

Post subject: Re: Margin cut / hedge order Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 11 Jun, 2013, 13:36 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your email.
This forum is dedicated to Visual Forex strategy builder. We will close this post and reply to you from users support "[email protected]".

Thanks

Visual Forex Support Team

Post subject: Re: Margin cut / hedge order Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 11 Jun, 2013, 16:20 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Greetings.

You can get the whole information about Margin Requirements from the link below:
https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/ ... ts/margin/

As for your situation. Trader is not able to increase exposure on the account if the Use of leverage is more than 100%. Until then you are able only to decries exposure.
Positions initiated by Margin call are not controlled automatically. So you have to merge or close them by your own.

Best regards, Support team.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com