Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

simple EMA strategy
 Post subject: simple EMA strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 22 May, 2013, 14:02 

User rating: 0
I watched the video on utube and read through "help" on VisualForex but for me, not being a developer nor having any experience, the explanations are not transparent enough. For example I want to create a simple EMA strategy an drag the EMA block and connect to Candles. Then I change from 14 to 10 and ad an If block and want to enter: if last candle closes below EMA 10 then sell @ opening of new candle. When I enter in output values "less" a dialogue opens "add new variable" but why? What shall I enter, as I only want to say that if it closes below EMA then ....

Post subject: Re: simple EMA strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 28 May, 2013, 13:40 

User rating: 7
Hello Ursus,

Ok you can also not open a dialog box and just input the value 10. The add new variable - is if you want to make this a selectable value (global) when you start the strategy. I.e on this historical test you might try 10 , next time you might try 9.

With variables there are many types of variable - I'd say click the help and do a lot of reading to get your mind around it!

If you want we can always work on a system together - you say your idea, and i'll build it step by step. But keep it simple lol I charge for complex ;)

DoC

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com