Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Calculations
 Post subject: Calculations Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 May, 2013, 14:25 

User rating: 0
Hi!! I am trying to make a strategy whereby a market order is placed once the price is X amount of pips away from a specific support or resistance level such as a pivot point.

In the calculations box I have entered the PP as the first parameter, can someone please tell me what to enter in the second parameter if I want to calculate "Pivot level less 10 pips".

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Calculations Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 21 May, 2013, 15:02 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
That Calculation block can help you.

Attachments:
Untitled1.png [12.21 KiB]
Downloaded 624 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Calculations Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 22 May, 2013, 03:15 

HI, what I would do is:
let's say you want to add 10 pips to the support level.
if you would be trading eur/usd, and for ex the support level is at 1.3000, if you want to enter at 1.3010 you need to add 0.001 to your support level

so it would be:

A1: pivot
A2: 0.001

result of calculation: A1+A2

I think that should work try it out

Post subject: Re: Calculations Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 22 May, 2013, 08:43 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Such method would not work with Gold or JPY pairs.
Because there pip is 0.01.
To avoid that you should use pipSize.
It is a constant that saves the value of the pip for traded currency pair.

Post subject: Re: Calculations Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 22 May, 2013, 08:57 

User rating: 6
Well spotted Vadim :geek: .

Post subject: Re: Calculations Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 23 May, 2013, 20:58 

Hi, thanks for the tips guys, only just got round to looking at them now.

I still seem to have a bit of a problem with it though, I've attached the file, if you could tell me where I've gone wrong I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Attachments:
PivotpointswithDMI.vfs [35.84 KiB]
Downloaded 274 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com