Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Run v jforex strategy in live
 Post subject: Run v jforex strategy in live Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 May, 2013, 08:10 

User rating: 1
Dear Support,
Please advise the steps to convert and run a v jforex strategy in live. Thanks in advance.

Should I copy the source to a strategy in jforex, compile and run?

Post subject: Re: Run v jforex strategy in live Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 May, 2013, 13:10 

User rating: 7
Hello Heatheri,

source to a strategy in jforex, compile and run?

Is what I do for my live account. =)

Post subject: Re: Run v jforex strategy in live Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 May, 2013, 11:13 

User rating: 6
Dear Heatheri

Visual JForex is still in Beta version and is not meant yet to be use in the LIVE environment.

However, nobody will stop you from doing it.

This is how to:

1 - Once you have created your strategy, “build” it (compiler build).

Than go to the component panel, open Strategies My strategies.
Right click on the strategy you are willing to use in LIVE and select View source in the contextual menu.
Copy the entire code (Ctrl + a than Ctrl + C)

2 - Open Notepad (or any text or code editor)

Paste the text you just copied and save the file with a .java extension (the best practice might be to save it where your strategies are in the JForex folder)
Close Notepad

3 - Open JForex

Open the Strategy tab (ToolsStrategies in the drop down menu at the top of the platform)
In the Strategies tab, click the Open icon and point the .java file you have just created
You see the code appearing.
Than you just compile it and…
Done!

Warning!!!!!!!!!! Some strategies could NOT work when submitted this way. To be more precise, the strategies that include custom indicator or strategy components will definitely not work. For the other once, we give no guaranty. Again, Visual JForex is still officially in Beta version

Post subject: Re: Run v jforex strategy in live Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 26 May, 2013, 11:21 

Hi Support,

I am having trouble with this. I have a strategy which runs in Vjforex tester, then when I convert to source code and try run in jforex - it no longer works. Is there a way I can open the VFS file in live yet?

Post subject: Re: Run v jforex strategy in live Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 27 May, 2013, 10:30 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
We have registered couple of similar situations.
Developers will investigate it.

Post subject: Re: Run v jforex strategy in live Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 27 May, 2013, 10:38 

Hi Vadim ,

I raised an actual bug report for this with the file and java code in question to help your investigation!

Thanks for the reply!

DoC

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com