Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Time frame
 Post subject: Time frame Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 May, 2013, 08:06 

User rating: 1
Dear Support,
As you can see from my SMA.vfs, I used 30 min time frame in the block. I also changed the time frame 'defaultPeriod' to 30 min while running the strategy under 'global variables'

See res.jpg circled. It shows 5 mins.

See para.jpg. After the strategy run is complete, it shows 10 mins when I checked the 'start params'

Question: How can I ensure the strategy is using the time frame I want?

Attachments:
res.jpg [84.97 KiB]
Downloaded 377 times
para.jpg [29.6 KiB]
Downloaded 348 times
SMA.vfs [26.4 KiB]
Downloaded 309 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Time frame Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 May, 2013, 13:07 

My dear support, please reply. Else I don't know what I am testing. Thank u in advance.

Post subject: Re: Time frame Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 May, 2013, 14:32 

User rating: 6
Heatheri77 wrote:
My dear support, please reply. Else I don't know what I am testing. Thank u in advance.

It is a forum here. Everybody is free to answer.

I will have a look.

Post subject: Re: Time frame Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 May, 2013, 15:35 

User rating: 6
So, in a nutshell:

In the SMA block, you have in input values

- instrument: it will take the default instrument, unless you specify otherwise

- periode: this is the candle periode. By default it is 10 minutes and it will stay 10 minutes whatever is the default periode or the chart timeframe is. You can set it to whatever you want and even to "default periode"

- shift: set to "0" it means the last candle beeing build is taken into account.

- Time periode: the amount of candles taken for the calculation. It is 30 by default.

If you have 10 mins in "periode" and 30 in "time periode", than the calculation will be done with the data of the last 300 minutes (10x30).

In your case, you have set up the "periode" value to 30 minutes, so the 30 minutes candles will be taken for the calculation, whatever is you platform or default time frame.

I hope I was clear enought and I answered your question

Post subject: Re: Time frame Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 May, 2013, 04:43 

thanks for your time, however you are not answering my question.

doczero & para please don't reply to my posts. :x

Post subject: Re: Time frame Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 May, 2013, 04:50 

Para wrote:
Heatheri77 wrote:

It is a forum here. Everybody is free to answer.

I will have a look.

Dear para, this is a support board, please reply only if you are 100% sure the answer is correct. This is not a general discussion. I am reporting an issue and waiting for a working solution. Appreciate your understanding.

Post subject: Re: Time frame Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 May, 2013, 05:25 

User rating: 7
So the problem is that you have told the indicators to work off 30min data (as per my photo).

What you wanted to do is define the timeframe the system runs in by using the default time variable - I have corrected this for you in the file (also as per picture).

Attachments:
SMAheatheri.vfs [27.96 KiB]
Downloaded 276 times
period.jpg [193.81 KiB]
Downloaded 366 times
30min.jpg [202.68 KiB]
Downloaded 375 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Time frame Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 10 May, 2013, 15:13 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 4
Heatheri77 wrote:
Question: How can I ensure the strategy is using the time frame I want?

Para, Dirk and Vadim are official members from Visual JForex support team, later this team will be increased. So please, believe them :).
We all do mistakes, speaking about your question - the time frame on historical chart hasnt any connection to your default period.
The time frame or aggregation period for historical chart is defined by internal system, which takes appropriate aggregation period from Historical data range.

Post subject: Re: Time frame Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Mon 13 May, 2013, 09:07 

User rating: 7
I found your origonal code had errors in the logic - fixed and tested working. Photo to show working version. You can select the timeframe you want the system to work on.

Attachments:
heathersma.jpg [281.84 KiB]
Downloaded 602 times
SMAheatheri.vfs [26.06 KiB]
Downloaded 303 times

Post subject: Re: Time frame Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 May, 2013, 07:53 

Dear Visual J support,
Let me explain again.

I ran the strategy with defaultperiod = 30 mins. see pic1
Why the chart is showing 5 mins? see pic 2

thanks for your reply in advance.

Attachments:
pic1.jpg [29.31 KiB]
Downloaded 359 times
pic2.jpg [82.21 KiB]
Downloaded 409 times

Post subject: Re: Time frame Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 May, 2013, 14:52 

User rating: 27
Hello Heatheri77,

the time frame on historical chart hasn't any connection to your default period.

The time frame or aggregation period for historical chart is defined by internal system, which takes appropriate aggregation period from Historical data range.

Post subject: Re: Time frame Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 May, 2013, 16:56 

User rating:
You can use several instruments and time frames in your strategy.
If you don't use Default Variables in strategy then they don't influence it.

Attachments:
Untitled1.png [73.97 KiB]
Downloaded 568 times

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com