Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Alert hangs
 Post subject: Alert hangs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 07 May, 2013, 13:32 

User rating: 1
Dear Support,
I am testing the alert.

1) See alert.jpg. Why there is an exclamation mark to the right of the alert indicator/block which reads "Block requires full permissions"? If yes, how to check if I have the permissions or not?

2) Please have a look at my alert.vfs.
The strategy runs the first time.
After the IF conditions comes true, it triggers alert. How do I stop the alert?
I clicked the stop button in the 'Historical test' to stop the alert. Once its stopped this way I cannot run the strategy anymore. I
have to shutdown my PC, then the strategy can run again.

Please check for me
Thank you in advance.

Attachments:
alert.jpg [39.77 KiB]
Downloaded 424 times
alert.vfs [17.56 KiB]
Downloaded 275 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Alert hangs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 07 May, 2013, 14:07 

I used "intraday" today 7 may 2013 (price range 1.3050 to 1.3150 )with time frame 30 min to run the strategy

Post subject: Re: Alert hangs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 07 May, 2013, 17:22 

User rating: 7
Hello Heatheri,

You will find the requires full permission flags up as this is a potential issue for running the strategy on the remote server. Remote server does not allow the running of full permission strategy. In regards to how to check if it is asking for full permission, one way is to right click the strategy block in the right hand repositorium , the click on view source. If the code has the following line:

@RequiresFullAccess()

you will find it needs full access - and what that means is it needs to access a file on the computers HDD. This can not happen on the remote servers.

Hope this helps =)

Also I will have a look at your .vsf in the morning (2.30am here) to see the logic regarding stopping the alert.. get back to you shortly =)

DoC

Post subject: Re: Alert hangs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 07 May, 2013, 23:08 

Hi Mate,

The issue you are seeing is becuase you used the wrong flow output. You put as greater than - where you should have used equils. When using equils, when the last tick (bid) = 1.3100 it will alarm, when the price is greater than 1.3100 or less than 1.3100 it will no alarm.

I would prefer to do something like: if tick bid is greather than 1.3098 and less than 1.3102 - that way you have a range which notifies you.

Correction as per picture =)

DoC

Attachments:
alert.jpg [212.13 KiB]
Downloaded 637 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Alert hangs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 May, 2013, 07:56 

Dear Support,
Please reply. Thank u in advance.

Post subject: Re: Alert hangs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 May, 2013, 09:58 

Dear DoC,
Thanks for your replies. When I tried, it doesn't work as you explained.

Post subject: Re: Alert hangs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 08 May, 2013, 11:15 

Hi Heatheri,

I am unsure why that is - but I wouldnt put an alert on 1 number - 1.31xx - you will find is actually 1.31xxx , so one pipette over and it would not ring - try a small range like the attached:

Im currently working on another system so I havent tested - but the logic is sound. So if it doesnt work, there may be a bug and I cant help with that lol! (also is your speakers on ;) )

Attachments:
alert2.jpg [178.19 KiB]
Downloaded 633 times

Post subject: Re: Alert hangs Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Wed 08 May, 2013, 13:43 

User rating: 6
Hey doczero

I have just tested the strategy attached and it works in Realtime.

Attachments:
alerte.PNG [46.96 KiB]
Downloaded 636 times
ghf.vfs [15.23 KiB]
Downloaded 273 times

Post subject: Re: Alert hangs Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Wed 08 May, 2013, 13:48 

Quote:
After the IF conditions comes true, it triggers alert. How do I stop the alert?

The alerte is a sound file. Once the sound file has been played, it will play again if the condition is still valid.

You can use the "Stop strategy" module to have the ring only once.

Post subject: Re: Alert hangs Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Wed 08 May, 2013, 13:52 

Quote:
I clicked the stop button in the 'Historical test' to stop the alert. Once its stopped this way I cannot run the strategy anymore.

One top of stoping the historuical tester, you have to click "Close" to closeit.
It is at the bottom of your platform.

Attachments:
Capture.PNG [22.6 KiB]
Downloaded 630 times

Post subject: Re: Alert hangs Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Wed 08 May, 2013, 14:43 

Dear Para,
Thanks a lot, it's 9.45 pm in singapore, will try it tomorrow.

Btw, why there is an exclamation mark next to alert?

Post subject: Re: Alert hangs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 May, 2013, 12:04 

Heatheri77 wrote:
Dear Para,
Thanks a lot, it's 9.45 pm in singapore, will try it tomorrow.

Btw, why there is an exclamation mark next to alert?

Hello Heatheri - the answer to your question is this:

doczero wrote:

You will find the requires full permission flags up as this is a potential issue for running the strategy on the remote server. Remote server does not allow the running of full permission strategy. In regards to how to check if it is asking for full permission, one way is to right click the strategy block in the right hand repositorium , the click on view source. If the code has the following line:

@RequiresFullAccess()

you will find it needs full access - and what that means is it needs to access a file on the computers HDD. This can not happen on the remote servers.

Post subject: Re: Alert hangs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 May, 2013, 13:09 

doczero, its wrong answer again.
I ran this strategy in live, it has same error.

Post subject: Re: Alert hangs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 May, 2013, 13:58 

Heatheri77 wrote:
I ran this strategy in live, it has same error.

Does it work on demo?

Post subject: Re: Alert hangs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 May, 2013, 14:24 

Quote:
Why there is an exclamation mark to the right of the alert indicator/block which reads "Block requires full permissions"?

It means the strategy requires acces to your computer.

You can write a startegy in JAVA that deletes your hard drive, sends spam from your mail clients, take pictures with your webcame and posts them on the internet, etc.\

By default, Java does not have full access to your computer. VJForex inputs the code
@RequiresFullAccess 
when needed (in this case the strategy makes your computer ring).

So exept you do not have full access to your computer, the strategy should run.
I have tested your strategy on DEMO, and it works fine. The only problem is that it rings all the time because the condition is meet at each tick on the tested periode.

Post subject: Re: Alert hangs Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 09 May, 2013, 14:55 

How are you running it? Did you click BUILD before you ran the file (that way its built the block with the latest adjustments) , also you say you are running in live - does that mean you are getting the source code and copying to jforex live, the compile? If so, please post the source code so I can check that.

In the demo - the visual jforex system I posted works exactly how I described. Unless your description is incorrect?

Heatheri77 wrote:

If you are commenting to requires all access - my explanation is correct and matches that of para's.

Also.... WHY not use the price alerter in live anyway? You do not need to build a strategy for alerts. Also in SMS notifications you have alerts you can define which email you.. Many options for this!

Attachments:
alerter.jpg [996.47 KiB]
Downloaded 595 times

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com