Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

make strategy trade many currencies
 Post subject: make strategy trade many currencies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Apr, 2013, 00:10 

User rating: 7
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if someone can share how to make one strategy trade many currencies (i.e EURUSD , USDJPY & GBPUSD). I am still getting my head around this platform =)

Thanks again!

Post subject: Re: make strategy trade many currencies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Apr, 2013, 10:25 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 4
doczero wrote:
Just wondering if someone can share how to make one strategy trade many currencies (i.e EURUSD , USDJPY & GBPUSD). I am still getting my head around this platform =)

Just use the needed currency in Visual JForex variables and the system will subscribes for currencies automatically and trades on all instruments.
In Historical Tester, the chart for visualization currently only for 1 currency, but it's not a problem if you are using there several instruments.

Post subject: Re: make strategy trade many currencies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Apr, 2013, 10:46 

User rating: 7
So to clarify - what you are saying is that if I want to run the system I built on both EURUSD & USDJPY - I run 2 visual forex systems - one for eurusd and one for usdjpy?

Post subject: Re: make strategy trade many currencies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Apr, 2013, 10:52 

User rating: 4
doczero wrote:
So to clarify - what you are saying is that if I want to run the system I built on both EURUSD & USDJPY - I run 2 visual forex systems - one for eurusd and one for usdjpy?

No :)
The Visual JForex is the tool for creating the strategies, right?
To work with one instrument and test it on historical tester is more easy, than if to work with several instruments, right?
Visual JForex strategy supports multiple currency/instruments use and run.
But the Historical Chart will show only one chart, even the strategy works on multiple currencies.

You can run the Visual Strategy on JForex platform or in Visual JForex, and the strategy will trades on all instruments.

Post subject: Re: make strategy trade many currencies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 11 May, 2013, 10:50 

User rating: 0
Hi guys
I to am having a difficult time trying to sort out how to trade multiple currencies on one visual forex tester platform. If anyone can shed light on exactly how to do this it would be great.
And also a huge thank you to the developer. i have never programmed in my life and now have sorted out how to work this platform and am building and testing my own strategies. Just Brilliant.

Post subject: Re: make strategy trade many currencies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 13 May, 2013, 09:17 

User rating: 27
Natc wrote:

The most easy way to test a strategy on multiple currency pairs is to
1. build a strategy in VJforex and save it online in your account.

2. Go to JForex Platform, go to tools->historical tester

and open your strategy you have been built.

3. Click on Intruments and choose your pairs

and then start your strategy with your settings.
This method is faster if you test a larger period on historical data.

Attachments:
Open.png [98.17 KiB]
Downloaded 721 times
Build.png [47.1 KiB]
Downloaded 830 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: make strategy trade many currencies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 13 May, 2013, 10:35 

There is of course the possibility to run multiple currency pairs on VJForex historical tester:

If you change the defaultInstrument to another pair the historical tester will run the strategy on both pairs even if you see only one currency on the chart.

Image Image

now it will run on 2 currency pairs.

You can also add global variables to calculate on multiple currencies:

Attachments:
currency4.png [13.28 KiB]
Downloaded 773 times
Currency2.png [7.28 KiB]
Downloaded 853 times
Currency1.png [15.23 KiB]
Downloaded 819 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: make strategy trade many currencies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 13 May, 2013, 10:39 

and can simply add some currencies.

I hope i answered your question properly.

Attachments:
currency5.png [7.95 KiB]
Downloaded 814 times
currency3.png [7.56 KiB]
Downloaded 830 times

Post subject: Re: make strategy trade many currencies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 May, 2013, 08:29 

User rating: 0
Thank you very much fantastic :D

Post subject: Re: make strategy trade many currencies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 14 May, 2013, 15:01 

Your welcome!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com