Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

A question regarding placing and closing orders
 Post subject: A question regarding placing and closing orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 29 May, 2017, 08:37 

User rating: 0
Dear all,
I'm new in automatic forex trading, i post here as i encountered a problem which I would like to discuss with you all.
per attached in a test strategy of mine, in this strategy, i compared 2 sma line and trade when they crossed each other and got apart.
so the order should be opened, totally closed and opened next time. but in testing, i found it differed from my thought and the order opened is normally not closed even when next order is opened.
Does anyone know what is happened or what I did is wrong.

Thank you and hope all good.

:D

Attachments:
test.vfs [51.15 KiB]
Downloaded 105 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: A question regarding placing and closing orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 29 May, 2017, 10:17 

I just did some modification on the previous strategy and the things happened that it couldn't place order.

anyone could help?

Attachments:
test.vfs [51.1 KiB]
Downloaded 108 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: A question regarding placing and closing orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 29 May, 2017, 13:37 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

Unfortunately I did not understand your description but here is an example of a strategy that trades on MA crossovers. Please test it and implement the needed functions in your strategy.

Cheers

Attachments:
Webinar7_11.vfs [46.01 KiB]
Downloaded 176 times

Post subject: Re: A question regarding placing and closing orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 29 May, 2017, 13:48 

Dear amine,
thanks a lot :D , i will let you know if i understood or had other questions.

Post subject: Re: A question regarding placing and closing orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 01 Jun, 2017, 05:33 

amine_chourou wrote:
Hi,

Unfortunately I did not understand your description but here is an example of a strategy that trades on MA crossovers. Please test it and implement the needed functions in your strategy.

Cheers

Dear anime,

last time I mentioned that I had a problem in placing orders, and I seperated my placing order module to check the problem, when I run this placingorder module( the attached vfs), it always place 4 same orders and I don't know why, could you give me some technical information to let me know the mechanism.

Thank you and best regards

LIU

Attachments:
test20170601.java [30.08 KiB]
Downloaded 146 times
test20170601.jfx [27.85 KiB]
Downloaded 137 times
test20170601.vfs [38.73 KiB]
Downloaded 163 times
testrun report.rar [29.3 KiB]
Downloaded 67 times

Post subject: Re: A question regarding placing and closing orders Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 01 Jun, 2017, 15:09 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

The reason why the strategy is placing 4 orders/ instead of one per minute is because there is no period filter in the begenning (period filter = period subscription)
Please refer to the User Guide to see how to do that (Help menu > User Guide)

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com