Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Taking partial profits.
 Post subject: Taking partial profits. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 07 May, 2015, 08:17 

User rating: 0
Is there a way to take partial profits from a position without having to manually execute? Can it be done using a script? For example if my initial position is three units I would like to be able to set TPs for each unit (1/3 position) at levels I deem fit (normally at what I see as support and resistance). Currently I am writing a visual Jforex strategy that opens three positions, but that's a bit of a messy way to do things. Anyone any bright ideas?

Post subject: Re: Taking partial profits. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 08 May, 2015, 08:54 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi there,

You can use the block: 'Close and Cancel position' and perform a partial close of your position. The amount field is indeed set as a dynamic variable that is calculated once your profit conditions are reached.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Taking partial profits. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 08 May, 2015, 10:20 

Thanks. Sounds like the job. Is there some more detailed documentation on Visual Jforex anywhere? The pages under the help section are not very detailed

Post subject: Re: Taking partial profits. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 11 May, 2015, 15:45 

Hi

I recommend you the following Youtube page where several webinars are recorded ans sorted out by topic:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ual+jforex

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Taking partial profits. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 17 May, 2015, 14:56 

amine_chourou wrote:
Hi

I recommend you the following Youtube page where several webinars are recorded ans sorted out by topic:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ual+jforex

Cheers

Need some pointers. This is a fairly simple strategy the logic as as follows:

For the position opened in specified instrument (default EURUSD)

If the position is long
- when bid price reaches a specified take profit level (TP1) close one third (1/3) of position
- when bid price reaches the next specified profit level (TP2) close another third of the position
- when the bid price reaches the next specified profit level close remaining amount

I cannot find anything that usefully describes visual JForex that I can refer to and there is nothing on the forum that gets me there so can you give me some pointers. So far it looks like the attached.

edit:
The board is stopping me attaching files so I will email to support. A shame as this sort of stuff should be shared with other users.

edit: The problem is this forum cannot handle Internet Explorer - why could someone not tell me this??

Attachments:
PositionManagementv002.vfs [27.38 KiB]
Downloaded 178 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Taking partial profits. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 09 Dec, 2016, 14:00 

VJF new version 1.6.57 is just released which includes a pdf user guide under Help menu.
(Make sure to clear your browser's cookies to access it)
Envoy !

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com