Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

To close open position
 Post subject: To close open position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 18 Oct, 2016, 14:57 

User rating: 1
Hi,

Could you please tell me how to have the open position closed, after the three candles, one by one, going the opposite direction? Please take a look at the picture below?

Thank you in advance.

The Best Answer  Post subject: Re: To close open position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 18 Oct, 2016, 16:24 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

Here is an example that closed a long position if 3 RED candles in a row happens. You can reverse the logic to build your short logic.
This is an idea within others, it is also possible to work with "Trade Event" start point.

Attachments:
CloseIF3redInARow.vfs [46.7 KiB]
Downloaded 193 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: To close open position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 19 Oct, 2016, 20:32 

amine_chourou wrote:
Hi,

Here is an example that closed a long position if 3 RED candles in a row happens. You can reverse the logic to build your short logic.
This is an idea within others, it is also possible to work with "Trade Event" start point.

Thank you for the prompt answer. I implemented the example given in my strategy. Unfortunately, it closes the positions NOT if 3 RED candles in a row happens but RANDOMLY. Sometimes it closes after 5 candles and sometimes after 9 candles. I suppose that something is wrong with the counter. Could you, please, give me any advise?
Thanks again.

Post subject: Re: To close open position Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 19 Oct, 2016, 21:16 

Hi,

It's again me. Sorry, for the disturbing. I made a mistake. Your example works nice. Thank you for the great job.

Kind regards,
kostakis

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com