Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Random Number Generator for Genetic Algorithm
 Post subject: Random Number Generator for Genetic Algorithm Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 25 Aug, 2016, 03:39 

User rating: 0
Hello,
I'm in need of random numbers, I can try to sort of work my way around building one, wonder if there is a data type that can be used that generates some sort of randomness, I have been reading on the forum somewhere that order labels are generated randomly but cannot seem to locate that thread anymore. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Random Number Generator for Genetic Algorithm Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 29 Aug, 2016, 20:23 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

What is the end need for that ? Random numbers can be obtained from several ways: order IDs are indeed generated by the system and can be catched as long as your strategy submit orders / positions. There is also the time stamp used by the system which is in "epoch" (linux) format that is expressed in numbers or you can use some calculation formula that can be calculated after a given condition or ..... :)

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Random Number Generator for Genetic Algorithm Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Sep, 2016, 10:52 

User rating: 0
Thank's Amine, the end need is to finish a strategy, simple linear regression with Pearson's correlation, works just fine but at 85% and -85% correlation there is a shift most of the time in the market on eur/usd and if not peeks are not recognized so would like to add a ga to make decision, I think it most appropriate.
By the way tried the time stamp for random number, but the data I get is sequential trying to work around it, but for the last day or so I've not been able to start visual jforex got server error 2048 so its on pause for now.
Cheers

Post subject: Re: Random Number Generator for Genetic Algorithm Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Sep, 2016, 11:27 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
ALright,
The error issue 2048 will be fixed soon. Sorry for that.

Post subject: Re: Random Number Generator for Genetic Algorithm Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 23 Sep, 2016, 19:23 

User rating: 3
Yeah.
A random number generator would be awesome I am so biased for long's that my expert strategies suffer from it, get the foolishness out of entries and the real strategy can start working without fighting against a biased management bot.

Random Entries Unbiased.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com