Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

found an error in platform !!
 Post subject: found an error in platform !! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 26 Aug, 2016, 13:22 

User rating: 0
hello Dukasocopy , I have found an error in the platform while I'm trading this morning . in the attachment there are details .

this morning i have entered the trade in brent.cmd at the price of 49.285 , where as the problem is at the current price which is different in position window compared with market. In the position window the current price is 49.395(Ask price) where as the market price is 49.335(bid price) . according to the market price my pips should be in 5.4 but current price in position window shows 11.0pips (At which the current price in the position window is buffering with the ask price not with the bid price(current market price).

To confirm that if I'm wrong or the platform itself had an error i had an opened an another trade with Eus.idx at 2980.579 and the current market price in position window is same along with the market price bid.which shows the exact pips range in both position window current price and the actual market price.

Quote:
since +2 year I'm trading and i have saw that when ever i open a trade it enters at ask price but , but coming to the current price it always be in bid price

Thank you and hope u understand my problem.

Attachments:
dc.PNG [90.43 KiB]
Downloaded 253 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: found an error in platform !! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 31 Aug, 2016, 09:09 
JForex Master

User rating:
You have opened short position in BRENT.CMD, this is why it has been compared with the current ASK price (as you need to buy same amount in order to close it).
EUS.IDX position is LONG, and that is why it has been compared with the current BID price.

No problems here.

Post subject: Re: found an error in platform !! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 01 Sep, 2016, 18:48 

OK. But I have traded many short ones but I never faced this kind of price turns!! :!: :( This was the first time I encountered situation like this!! :|
Quote:
As you need to buy same amount of oder to close. Close what!??!what will it close :?: :?:

Post subject: Re: found an error in platform !! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Sep, 2016, 15:49 
JForex Master

User rating:
In order to close the position.

We calculate the current P/L points by calculating the difference between the current price of the opposite direction (closing price) and the position open price.

Post subject: Re: found an error in platform !! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 02 Sep, 2016, 20:04 

OK! SO EVERYTIME I OPEN THE SHORT POSITION DO I HAVE TO OPEN LONG TO CLOSE THE TRADE??

Post subject: Re: found an error in platform !! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 05 Sep, 2016, 12:52 
JForex Master

User rating:
Yes, everytime you sell to open, you need to buy in order to close it.

Post subject: Re: found an error in platform !! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 05 Sep, 2016, 13:58 

Opening a new opposite position every time for sell would give me a loss too

I even checked out other platforms in any platform this kind of rule is not there for sell position which takes the ask price.
Not only in other platforms before when I traded in DC platform also I never seen this kind.
on what basis this ask price in sell position is declared??

Post subject: Re: found an error in platform !! Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 13 Sep, 2016, 07:13 
JForex Master

User rating:
These are the basics of trading. To be honest, I do not follow your thoughts anymore.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com