Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Time stamps for candles
 Post subject: Time stamps for candles Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 Jul, 2016, 04:32 

User rating: 0
Hi there,

When I create a strategy and I'm trying to figure out if it's executing the logic correctly, I go look at the logs I get form the historical tester and I compare them to the historical charts of the instrument. I look at the trade time and go to that candle to see if the logic for taking the trade was correct.

One thing I am noticing is that the logic for some candles is way off. I am looking at my latest strategy on the 15 min chart and it's way off sometimes. I went over all the coding blocks and all looks ok so my question is: Are the time stamps for the candles in the historical tester exactly the same as the candles in in the jforex charts? In other words are the candles identical in shape and in ohlc between the historical tester and the jforex platform?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Time stamps for candles Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 26 Jul, 2016, 09:27 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

I would need the strategy file and the exact time where the failure happens.
Regarding the historical tester, VJF uses the same data as Jforex historical tester and the charts are exectly the same: there is minor difference which is the weekends filter applied by default in VJF which not the case for JF and the day start time of VJF charts are set by default to GMT where in JF you have the option to set it to GMT or EET (preferences > Charts > day start time). Obviously the difference can be seen when you set the candle period in your chart to 4H and plus.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com