Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

RANGE BARS in Visual Jforex
 Post subject: RANGE BARS in Visual Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 18 Jul, 2015, 09:53 

User rating: 0
Does anybody know, if I can use RANGE BARS in Jforex and if so, How?
Also, in the DEMO platform on Jforex I can not find Range Bars anywhere. Anybody any ideas?

thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: RANGE BARS in Visual Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 23 Jul, 2015, 09:43 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

Range bars chart display is available in Jforex platform, you can set up your range bar charts from:
Tools > preferences > Period tab > activate "Price based periods" > set up your range bars

In Visual Jforex it is not ready-to-use feature but it has to be programmed. It is possible to build it but bear in mind that once such price based candles are made you have to recalculate any indicator from scratch based on the new candle data. Any of the indicator blocks available in VJforex will be useless as it is implemented on time based candles. Also, the option to have a look back to the previous range bar candles (shift value) is not possible as the strategy is building the bars starting from the moment when it is launched. This would complicate the strategy consequently and I wouldn't recommend such way only if the idea is simple.

Please find attached an example of tick bar calculation FYI. Review it and let me know your questions if any;
Cheers

Attachments:
TickCandles.vfs [27.38 KiB]
Downloaded 273 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: RANGE BARS in Visual Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 12 Feb, 2016, 13:57 

Hello there,

I am trying to start a new strategy based on ticks...

How can I enable the indicators to use a period of ticks (or several) and not 1m 5m etc

I have reviewed the file included in your post and as a mere novice I feel very confused....

Is this how I should begin my strategy?

Your help will be much appriciated

Post subject: Re: RANGE BARS in Visual Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 12 Feb, 2016, 17:34 

Hi,

The example posted in my previous post is about how to build candles based on certain number of ticks. Concretely it retrieves the Open High Low and close prices every 33 ticks.
Building indicators on such data is not impossible but it is very complicated as you need to forget about the indicaotr block itself and calculate the output(s) of the given indicator based on its inputs. This quite complex and if it is important for you to work on price based chart (instead of time) I recommend you to request the help of a programmer that will code this using Java.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: RANGE BARS in Visual Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 15 Feb, 2016, 09:24 

Ok thanks for your help :)

Post subject: Re: RANGE BARS in Visual Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 29 Feb, 2016, 15:51 

User rating: 1
amine_chourou wrote:
Hi,

The example posted in my previous post is about how to build candles based on certain number of ticks. Concretely it retrieves the Open High Low and close prices every 33 ticks.
Building indicators on such data is not impossible but it is very complicated as you need to forget about the indicaotr block itself and calculate the output(s) of the given indicator based on its inputs. This quite complex and if it is important for you to work on price based chart (instead of time) I recommend you to request the help of a programmer that will code this using Java.

Cheers

Hey Amine , is there any indication that the Jforex Visual team will be working on implementing tick and range candles?

Post subject: Re: RANGE BARS in Visual Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 17 Mar, 2016, 15:23 

Hello Amine :) Hope you are well,

I have another question I feel may end up in the complicated to do category lol

All my indicators are moving averages...and I would like to be able to change them

Have the MaType option for each one....would this also require building the indicators from scratch?

Thannnnks

Post subject: Re: RANGE BARS in Visual Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Mar, 2016, 10:46 

Hi all;

Quote:
Hey Amine , is there any indication that the Jforex Visual team will be working on implementing tick and range candles?

Well, this is not planned yet and if so, it is not the first priority. I don't expect this for the next 6 months.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: RANGE BARS in Visual Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Mar, 2016, 10:48 

Quote:
All my indicators are moving averages...and I would like to be able to change them

Have the MaType option for each one....would this also require building the indicators from scratch?

I'm not sure I fully got it ... What changes exactly do you wawnt to implement for the MAs ?
The MaType is a setting that allow the user to select the needed MA (SMA, EMA, MAMA, etc ...)

Please advice ..

Post subject: Re: RANGE BARS in Visual Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Mar, 2016, 11:25 

I have 3 indicator blocks....which are 3 different moving averages...which I call Long, Mid and Short but once I compile the strategy...I am stuck with the 3 averages I have chosen in VJF...I would like each average... Long, Mid and Short to be able to be changed to any Type of average....an MAtype Option....So then I can experiment with different variations :D

Thankkks :D

Post subject: Re: RANGE BARS in Visual Jforex Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Fri 18 Mar, 2016, 14:13 

I see,

Why don't you use simply one indicator: Bollinger bands that implements aleady 3 kinds of linear indicators smoothed with the needed MA (predefined)

Post subject: Re: RANGE BARS in Visual Jforex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Mar, 2016, 19:12 

Genius...:-D

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com