Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

trailing stop
 Post subject: trailing stop Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 01 Sep, 2015, 19:44 

User rating: 0
Hi. First of all sorry for posting so many questions but the youtube videos are not very clear and only a few. I would like to ask you, if there is a way to enable trailing stop to all the trades? I want to be able to enable it to trades in loss not only the ones in profit. At the moment I use stop loss function to all trades (profit and loss) and then enable trailing stop to profitable trades. I am not sure this is the right way.Thank you.

Post subject: Re: trailing stop Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 02 Sep, 2015, 14:09 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

You're welcome !
For this you can use the position viewer and check the P&L of your positions then apply a trailing SL as well as "Set TP" blocks.
Don't hesitate to post any additional question !

PS: We may need an example in vfs format format from you to help you accordingly.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: trailing stop Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 02 Sep, 2015, 18:48 

User rating: 0
amine_chourou wrote:
Hi,

You're welcome !
For this you can use the position viewer and check the P&L of your positions then apply a trailing SL as well as "Set TP" blocks.
Don't hesitate to post any additional question !

PS: We may need an example in vfs format format from you to help you accordingly.

Cheers

Hi again,

trailing stop is working for trades in loss and in profit, like you said but it enables the SL from open price.I would like my trailing stop to be enable from the last bid/ask price. I will take the last bid/ask tick and subtract 10 pips like I want.I tried also "custom trailing stop" and it's working ONLY for trades in profit even if I enable P&L in If function.I would like trailing to be 1 pip and move the Sl pip by pip.

Good day.

Post subject: Re: trailing stop Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Thu 03 Sep, 2015, 08:33 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

Well this is a normal behavior : The trailing stop works only when the market price move up for a Long trade and down for a short trade. If the trade is losing money then the SL order wont move (otherwise it never get executed )
If you have a specific condition for trades in loss and their SL order changing then you can calculate the new SL price and use it in "Set SL" block but you need to make sure the SL gets executed one day :) (otherwise it will keep moving and never get triggered to close the position)

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com