Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Netbeans Code Completeion
 Post subject: Netbeans Code Completeion Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 28 Jul, 2015, 20:09 

User rating: 0
I've built strategies in the jforex editor.

I am moving to using NetBeans and have a problem with code completion not working.

I'm following this example:
https://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/#Use_in_ ... n_NetBeans

NB does not recognize IStrategy at all. Specifically, if I type:

public class MyFirstNBSTrategy implements IStra{

as in the example NB doesn't have any suggestions for me.

NB doesn't recognise "IStra" and when I search Maven Repositories it doesn't find it.

Also, when I type IStrategy in full nothing happens, ie, NB doesn't bring up the other parts of the strategy such as IEngine, IConsole etc.

Can you please tell me what I need to do to enable code completion to work.

thanks
chris

Post subject: Re: Netbeans Code Completeion Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 28 Jul, 2015, 22:25 

User rating: 94
Hi

Have you downloaded the dependencies ?

See image

Also start working with the maven base project if not

Regards

JL

Attachments:
2015-07-28_2223.png [75.96 KiB]
Downloaded 271 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Netbeans Code Completeion Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 29 Jul, 2015, 10:46 

User rating: 0
Thanks JL.

I hadn't downoaded dependencies, but now have.

I still get the error:

cannot find symbol
sumbol: class Istra

What do you mean by " start working with the maven base project"?

I've been reading your articles. They look very good. Very helpful.

thanks again
chris

Post subject: Re: Netbeans Code Completeion Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 29 Jul, 2015, 12:39 

User rating:
There are no file inside JForex-SDK.zip that contain "Istra". It is probably a typo that can be corrected to IStrategy.

Post subject: Re: Netbeans Code Completeion Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 29 Jul, 2015, 18:43 

User rating: 94
Hi

On names not completed yet, you can have the suggestions to choose if you hit ctrl + space. Only on defined names and after the '.' the suggestions appear automatically.

But you can change this, changing the settings of "Code completion". But in some cases you can have some delay if you activate the referenced option...

See image in annex

Regards

JL

Attachments:
2015-07-29_1839.png [52.27 KiB]
Downloaded 232 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com